Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Voyager1968, Feb 26, 2020.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I think at this point there are too many unknown unknowns to know. Know what I mean?

Rocks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    It has certainly started and we already have deaths

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    ----AND there are going to be many more deaths. Just like the THOUSANDS of deaths each and every year from the flu. I read an article last night that there are no reported cases involving kids under 15 years old yet.

I can't really make the reply I want to make without sounding heartless, I'm not heartless, but on the other hand, I am also not somebody that gets all worked up without ALL the facts. This thing is starting to remind me of how people do when an airliner crashes and kills 200 people. All we hear for two weeks is how unsafe air travel is, then totally ignore the thousands of people that die each and every year from car accidents. I had a bad case of "valley fever" back in the 70s when I was stationed at a California Air Force base. I was sick for several days. I also have had several bouts of the "flu" during the last 40 years since I got out. This thing like all cases of flu in general scares me because I am 62 and in bad health. The last information I have received is the mortality rate for this thing is around 2%. This is lower than some of the past flu epidemics the US has suffered.

At the risk of sounding political, I will add one more point. Politicians, in general, have a tendency to inject politics into everything. Stop listening to ALL politicians both left or right, and pay attention to what the experts are saying. One such expert is DR Anthony Fauci and this is what his opinion is. OPINION This fear-mongering is not going to end well. I'm also not stupid if this thing morphs or mutates all bets are off, my point is to listen to the experts NOT the news media or "gasp" some ignorant politician. (of either party)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    The mass media needs their *** kicked for scaring the public into a frenzy just to sell views.
    Mass Hysteria when simple reporting is all that is needed.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The flu itself is not that bad compared to strep A as a teen once and h1n1 fairly recently. I did not like that h1n1 you were sick sick. I just as soon not to worry about that again ever.

Hysteria is something of a problem. And something to be avoided where possible. It takes alot to bother a Arkansas person most days and if they got into worked up over something then we all have a problem.

Rocks and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    This Johns Hopkins website information page

The media is NOT reporting that the recovery rates IN CHINA are at 50% now. I know this information may be wrong because to be honest I don't trust China to report accurate numbers, still, only time will tell.

truckdriver31 and Rocks Thank this.
  9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    E89E395F-B49E-45C9-B003-60DB5B8D82ED.png check out the prices of hand sanitizer in A

D.Tibbitt and Zoltan1a Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.