Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Voyager1968, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I don't get it. You're making a case for gun control?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No! I'm trying to make a case for keeping things in a proper perspective and avoiding running around like little chickens over something like this. I used the Chicago stat because I doubt most know it. Yet they can tell you almost to the minute how many people have died from this virus. I could have just as easily used the number of people that have died from car accidents. Perspective! Please keep things in a proper perspective.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    For the record, I am in that group that must be careful with this thing. My lungs are not what they were. I am taking some medications that have weakened me and I am 62. This virus scares me to death, as I am scared of the simple flu. However, be that as it may. I refuse to panic or cause a panic. I am hopeful a preventative treatment and a cure if you have it can be found soon.

scott180 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The Services Branches of the US Military have standing orders such as the US Navy to hold offshore 14 days quarantine before port call.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Some time past you asked me to cross swords with you now and then if the situation suits itself without ANY disrespect or indeed great respect of you and your range of knowledge and experiences. Now that I got the boot licking out of the way let me ask you this.

What is fear? More particularly you have had a long life, a body that is failing in some ways and what is life to you after a certain point? To be blunt I wonder sometimes if you ever consider possibly the hope that you will someday discard that body and experience a eternal morning in a place where there is no tears.

I worded my question carefully. I wonder where the fear is? To me fear is just the body, one of many emotions the problem that presents to me is my mind, I need to make decisions even if the last sands of the hour glass tumble down seconds during a emergency no #### stop situation where lives are on the line with a 40 ton rig. There are even then still choices and decisions to make. Hopefully no contact, escape and no one hurt or killed. Preferably without the boss knowing.

I would like to have a half hour before the devil knows Im dead lol.

There is that. What say you?

7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    90A07FD3-D6B4-40B3-BB65-32C3994EEFDD.jpeg does have alcohol in it. may help kill virus

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't know. What Quality Alcohol will do is sanitize wounds. Civil War battlefield type medicine. Obsolete today, but if you were hurt with a big cut and no hope of ER service you get the best likker out and pour it clean. Its going to burn like a mutha. Once you get the scream out and calm down wrap it clean.

9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And save some of that stuff dummy. LOL. you will need it for yourself.

10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i done did the preppier thing. just got to spray that thing first. it will kill surface germs first. then i will use the above germ and virus killer to soak it then

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And to think everyone pointed and laughed at prepping until last month. And lookie here all them people following the pied piper at the store.

We had a difficult time in that searcy walmart today, its not our normal store. The people were not calm there. We wanted out asap. We were there just to get bits and things preps have been done for years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.