Coshocton Trucking, Stay Away!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jbrewer87, May 11, 2013.

1. jbrewer87

jbrewer87 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    My father worked for Coshocton Trucking out of Coshocton, OH driving flatbed for 8 years from 2002-2010. He told me when you start there they give you two log books and expect you to run 800 miles a day or your fired. One of many unfair practices by the company and they will also try to short you any way they can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How many drivers work for this company?Surprised they have'nt got caught.

4. Oil Jockey

Oil Jockey Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Indiana
    Since he left in 2010, it was before CSA went into effect. Looking at their scores, I wouldn't consider hiring on there more for the equipment OOS issues than the two logbook thing. Patty is right - CSA caused a lot of companies to change their ways regarding issues like multiple logbooks.

pattyj Thanks this.
  5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    must not be too bad if he stayed 8 years. and its drivers choice to run illegally

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I see more and more non training companies having trouble hreing drivers due to the csa.

7. jbrewer87

Mar 23, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Well the main reason I think he stayed there was because he had a felony conviction so when your a felon you don't have as much to pick from. But I am not defending him or anything like that I am just trying to warn others of this company.

8. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Well if he already has a felony,you would think he'd change his ways...if you get in a accident and hurt or kill somebody with two logbooks in your possession you get a couple more felonys added to your record..And I will never agree with your srry excuse that you dont have much to pick from because of a felony..And if a trucker hurt or killed somebody I love out on the road and he had two logbooks,I would be the one with a new felony because I'd come after that clown faster and harder than any "court"..street justice my friend..one way or another...

9. jbrewer87

Mar 23, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    First off learn some respect. Second sometimes you gotta do what you have to to provide for your family and my dad hasn't had an accident in 25 years so I wouldn't worry about that.

cc tanker Thanks this.
  10. Big Ole Bear

Big Ole Bear Light Load Member

Respect? You blatantly come on here and tell us how 8years your father has been breaking the law? There is no excuse whatsoever for his continued actions.

bigdogpile and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Theres was nothing disrespectful about my post, a bit harsh maybe, and sometimes you do gotta do what you need to do, but if thats the case and pops didnt have a problem breaking the law for 8 years with his double logbook,why dont he just go sell crack or rob banks,, see its the outlaw drivers out here messing things up for those of us who like our jobs and dont want to be treated like criminals..See there was a driver a few years back running two logbooks and he was tired one day when he rear- ended a school bus in florida and killed 7 childern,now he sits in prison telling other inmates "I was a great driver until that day"

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.