Cost of Operations

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Loose Leaf, Feb 5, 2017.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I don't know if I missed the joke here or not, but why on Earth would I want to show you what equipment I have tell you where I'm running with it and then basically give you a close breakdown of what I'm charging my customers?

Again, sorry if I missed the joke

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Loose Leaf

Loose Leaf Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2017

I don't expect anybody to give your contacts or even tell all your info but if one might share his feul expense after fsc, another brag about his insurance being cheap ( lol) maybe some accounting expense, how much you save by not using someone elses feul card ect.

I'm not asking for your keys to your house or wife or even asking what all is tax deductible.

I have read some good threads hear and I think true numbers will help hands understand what they really face.

I know none of you want more competition but I feel like the more of us solo drivers make it the harder it will be on the bottom to keep cutting rates to hell.

So if you have anything positive or negative to add it's all appreciated.

Just so you know, I'm not back out there yet and no matter what you put here I won't put a dent in your pocket and I won't give up.

I'm hoping to see figures for feul alone to be around $57,370 - fsc.
    So if you don't. Want to share ( I just saved a bundle on insurance or whatever thats cool) someday I will just have a V8!

Never give up on your dreams ( learn from other peoples mistake more than your own).

blade Thanks this.
  4. Loose Leaf

Feb 2, 2017
    Nobody is asking for a full breakdown.
    Maybe one might say how much he spent in tolls and another might say how high his road/feul taxes was ect.

I don't want your dot ### so black that and your company name out and show off that none bottom feeder truck, or is it in the group of bottom feeders.

Don't feel bad if it is_I may even have to start on the bottom?

5. LoJackDatHo

LoJackDatHo Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2017
    I'll be glad to put some numbers down as soon as I finish totaling them up for tax purposes. Might take a few weeks tho.

blade and Loose Leaf Thank this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Too much typing again. There is at least 3-5 new members every month like you asking about the same. Dig in the archives and you'll find some posted numbers. But someone else's numbers are very unique. For instance, I am 6.5 260 lbs. Does it mean my suit will fit you well?

blade Thanks this.
  7. Loose Leaf

Feb 2, 2017
    Search cost of operations, there may be bunch of forums talking about it but who has time to search the whole site to find the info thats not labeled properly or in the proper area.

I'm looking for answers, not trash bashing.

blade Thanks this.
  8. Loose Leaf

Feb 2, 2017
    And any tailer can chop your suite to fit many!

blade Thanks this.
  9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    12 dwarfs for sure?

10. Loose Leaf

Feb 2, 2017
    Or one guy 5ft 10" 180

I'll take all the good I can get.
    I'm smart enough to throw out the trash.

blade Thanks this.
  11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    No thrash bashing here. People don't generally want to expose themselves like that. And there are too many lines to fill out. Too much work to do. Some itemized their costs in a different way. For instance tires (except steers) are not bought in time intervals, rather every so and so miles. Insurance costs is astronomically different if you leased on vs independent, if you're leased on they may even pay for it and pay for your tags.

Loose Leaf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.