Could a 53' truck deliver here?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by flats, May 7, 2020.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    My take is this, even clearing the front of that slot, you are still dependent on every single driver coming and knowing how to back into that slot.

vets can do it, but it’s a pain for them as well.

A blind Alley dock is what I see or backing in at an angle from the street to do a driver side alley dock

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flats

flats Bobtail Member

May 7, 2020
    Thanks everyone for responding.

I've known a few truckers over the years so I've learned not to take you guys for granted and to appreciate what you do. I want a space that is quickly and easily accessible without being a pain. Most of the cars that would be parked in the lot would be at a different business and out of our control, so it looks like this warehouse should be avoided if possible.

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate it! Stay safe!

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if the price is right, lease the space. frankly many of us have backed into smaller, tighter spaces. i'd not worry about a driver doing his job, i'd worry about the cost of square footage, building maintenance and other things associated with your lease. how a driver does his/her job is of no real concern for you.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I'm pretty sure they would need to back in from the street, and they were good drivers...

That whatever that is parked in the dock needs to go for sure.

That pickup truck and trailer... The truck needs to go at least. Maybe the first spot that the trailer occupies need to be freed up.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes i could get a spread axle in there no problem. Just dont let nobody park on the right side or in front of the entrance. Truck could easily go in entrance , turn right and walk trailer back into that dock. The cars in front of dock would make it tough to get trailer straight but it is still do able

7. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Why would u have to back in from the road

Cattleman84 and magoo68 Thank this.
  8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho

This is exactly what I was thinking would be the best approach.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I'm seeing the width between the parking rows as being as wide as two 4-wheelers. When trucks park at a truck stop and and width is close to the length of a truck it's a tight fit.

I don't see how a truck can pull in forward and have enough room to setup, let alone back in with only 2 car widths to work with. If you pull in from the street wwher can you go? Go right to setup for a sightside back?

What do you see?

gentleroger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes enter, turn right . As long as its no cars on right side , point truck towards building and should be able to set up trailer parrallel with building . If not go down right side and back up around corner all the way to dock. Hard to tell how much space by looking at google maps. But that is the way i would approach it if i was delivering there.

Cattleman84 and skellr Thank this.
  11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Yeah, that car parked just on the right side of the entrance might cause problems. But there is an area on the left side of the entrance painted with stripes than seems to be there for a reason. If a person was to back in off the street that stripped area would be really useful. Almost a straight shot into the dock... Well an offset back anyway.

A 48' could probably pull off running straight in and turning right for a setup.

I'm just worried about about many of the "truckers" today. Most of them try not to backup unless they have to. :D :tard:

650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.