Could I get my cdl revoked for having a medical marijuana card at the same time?

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by TheBird, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBird

TheBird Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I have a class A license had it since 2010. I also have a medical marijuana card I got earlier this year. My question is can I get my cdl revoked for having my medical mj card at the same time? I smoke a little when I'm unemployedd and never would I risk working with thc in my system. Can I get it revoked if the DMV found out about the situation. Getting the card was a big mistake. I f-Ed up.
    A sheriff pulled me over last night in my personal vehicle and told me my license was being withheld and that it was in the first stages of getting suspended. He told me to go to the DMV and ask why. Like an idiot I admitted to having a medical mj card. That's was basically the first or second question out of his mouth if I had a mj card. I live in a small town. He's friends with a guy I had words with a while back so. Reason for pulling me over was because I had a crucifix hanging from my rear view mirror(at night)no way he could have seen that,basically harasment.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I understand that a pissing hot would screw me out of my license I would never risk it.

Can I get my license revoked for having a medical marijuana card at the same time? Without testing dirty?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TRKRSHONEY

TRKRSHONEY Heavy Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Are you aware that more and more companies are going to hair follicle testing??? You need to get rid of the MJ card ASAP and quit smoking if you intend to keep your CDL.

mje and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  4. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    You realize that marijuana is still illegal on a Federal level regardless of them looking the other way on enforcement. What does the F in FMCSA stand for? I don't know if your license will get taken away, but I think it should be. No offense.

5. TheBird

TheBird Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    -trkrshoney I wasn't aware of that, but yes I'm done with smoking. I've been looking up if I can get the mj card revoked or suspended sooner. It expires next year. I was in Venice beach and made a stupid decision that's how I ended up with the card. I've been up all night waiting to go to the DMV at 8 hopefully he was just trying to scare me. Thanks for the quick response

mje Thanks this.
  6. TheBird

TheBird Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Yeah, well, that's just like, your, opinion, man.

http://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c

mje Thanks this.
  7. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I Tend To Agree, Good Bye cdl

skootertrashr6 and mje Thank this.
  8. kd8hqy

kd8hqy Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2012
    We have enough knuckle heads out here as it is.. this isnt the 70s-80s any more. If you want to have a medical card do all of us drivers a favor and stay home.

Those cards are so #### bogus as it is.. anyone can get one for a few dollars.. back ground checks need to be done on these card holders/givers.

mje and skootertrashr6 Thank this.
  9. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    As it happens, though I never liked the stuff myself, I know quite a few people that have been helped by medical MJ. And with the horrific side effects of much of Big Pharma's stuff, I maintain that MJ's a whole lot safer. :biggrin_2558:

However, sharp.dressed.man is correct--we're under federal regs, so even if MJ is totally legal in your state, you're still playing with fire. :biggrin_25513:

mje Thanks this.
  10. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    I hear that McDonald's is hiring.

mje Thanks this.
  11. startsmonday

startsmonday Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Bakersfield, Ca
    I love how alcohol, a horrible drug which turns people into risk-taking morons and kills their motor skills and makes them seriously ill if they drink too much of it...I love how that's freely available at most truck stops to anyone 21 or older, and without an ID card(unless they card you for your age, in which case you just show them your CDL!). Why is that okay but a few puffs of weed on home time isn't? I don't like the idea of drivers smoking on the road. That goes without saying. I just don't like the self-righteous comments from some people who immediately condemn marijuana and those who enjoy it, a plant which was made illegal for bogus reasons by a bunch of hysterical, ignorant people 75 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.