Couple questions for May drivers.

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Oaktown, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Oaktown

Oaktown Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2012
    For you May drivers I had a couple questions.

DRY: If your running Van in 11 WESt. what percentage of your loads are drop and hook? Do you deal with multi-stop stuff,
    LTL etc. How do your miles look. what kind of lanes do have, any dedicated routes?

Refer in the 48: Is it all pretty muchdrop and hook, sit and wait, go, go , go , refer type stuff.

Trying to figure which divsion I'd be interested in. I do have bionic hearing, thinking a refer would keep me up all
    night unless a bought earplugs?

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    reefer: drop and hook really doesnt exist for reefer. I dropped a refer load once, cause it was the night before thanksgiving and they had an empty trailer and i was out of time so they were gonna get to it anyway before going home for the holiday, i dropped it in the door, grabbed the empty and went to the nearest T/S. lots of sit and wait, but much longer runs than 11 western of course. mostly live load/unload. i dont to 11 western obviously, but we dont really do LTL, I've had a few times that I picked up at a cold storage and had 3 drops, and nursery load with 4 stops which I absolutely hated.

4. OregonJoe

OregonJoe Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    May will run ya 2000 plus miles a week....... Crappy benefits but good trucks and ok loads

5. Oaktown

Dec 19, 2012
    Oregon Joe are speaking of refer or dry for May?

What do not like about the Benny's? How long till benifits kick in 90 day? thanks

6. MBunt387

MBunt387 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Your Moms house
    Just don't get sick. The benefits suck

7. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Both 48 refer and 11 dry western pan out the same in miles. I have done both for 4 years with May.

The 11 western dry is mostly drop and hook.

The 48 refer is 99% live load/unload. You cant drop refer loads with temp controlled food and not have some one there in case the refer fails or runs out of fuel .. This should be obvious. If you like sitting at a shipper or receiver for 2-8 hours playing with yerself .. Then go for it.

I don't get paid to sit ... So i don't do refer loads.

MBunt387 Thanks this.
  8. Oaktown

Dec 19, 2012
    Ha ha thanks Paloma and others. Funny.. so if you like playing with it.. refer is the place... nice.

That answers my questions though.

9. MBunt387

MBunt387 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Your Moms house
    Maybe that's why my shoulder hurts lol all that time playing with myself. Guess I gotta switch off hands every once in a while lmao

Paloma Thanks this.
  10. Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Gold Country, California
    Their benefits consist of, if you lose an arm or a leg, they'll go out and help you look for it.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  11. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Not any more .. Its not cost effective.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.