Covenant - Totally Crappy !

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Nate5170, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Nate5170

Nate5170 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Dayton Ohio
    I am new to trucking as I got my CDL two months ago. I have already had my bad experience with Covenant and was a total waste of time.
    While down at Chattanooga Tenn for orientation they didn't tell me they didn't get my long sheet and because I was injured in the Army I had to have a letter from my doctor. All of this could have been told to me before riding a bus for 10 hours. Because of my injury I had a work gap, then I had to get 2-3 people to get a noterized letter from each person and faxed down. Again all of this could have been told to me before I came down.
    Because they didn't activate me until that was cleared up I didn't get paid for the 3 days I was down there. I wasn't the only person that was mad on how they jerked you around and while you were in orientation . We had a few that left because they were fed up with what they did. Plus while in class they wanted you to spend money for this and that and if you added it up pls the tax they take out of your pay check you wouldn't make crap ! Covenant told us that the firs 30 days we would only make 390 then for the next 2 weeks we would make 565 then our 6-7 weeks we'd make 685.. Their Tuition pay back program was a joke that only paid up to 3000 with a 100 dollars a month. I think they need to change their phone number to 1800 work4free instead of 1800morepay which is a bold face lie ! Its funny to listen to them talk about how religious the owner is and because of this his company has gotten bigger.. I'm like NO - its because he don't pay with a crap ! There is one thing I've learned, is when a company says they are Christian , I've learned over and over that just means they will work your ### off and pay you nothing / rip you off !

To top this off, my roommate calls me and tells me that him and his trainer didn't get a long and his trainer leaves him at a truck stop and his girlfriend had to drive 6 hours one way to come pick him up. That is not right at any level ! While I was down there there was a list of other things that rubbed me the wrong way..

To show you how professional Covenant is, they were suppose to show up at our school and never called or anything. I should have taken that as a sign from the get go.

The Company Swift is no better, but at least they jerked me around at my house instead of being 8 hours away from my house like Covenant did me..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing you didn't find this place until it was too late. As you read through here you will see that Covenant is the lowest of the low in the bottom feeder category.

Good luck to you. From Covenant, things can only get better.

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    May want to pull your DAC and check it !!!!

5. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Post Number One....the first time anyone on this forum hears from you is a rant about a company that had LOTS of information from current and ex drivers on this board. I do not want to be rude, it sounds like you went through hell but this happened due to your total lack of preparation and you refusal to take responsibility for your future. you need to do your homework. You got on a bus for a 10 hour ride without any idea what to expect on the other end. I hope you find a good job, you have invested a lot of time and money in getting the CDL.

6. Nate5170

Nate5170 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Dayton Ohio
    I wanted to thank those for the replies. Yeah I'm learning and thats all I'm doing with the experience that I had with Covenant. I'm sure I've got a lot more to learn and a lot more wading through more BS .

7. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Where to now ??

8. Morella

Morella Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2010
    On your screen
    I wish you the best of luck, with any carrier.

9. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Im not saying covenant is decent or anything, but the problems you describe are issues that are pretty standard for the trucking industry. If you have a problem that you know about and dont carry the paperwork explaining your problem I.E. your medical issue then you are just asking for delays and frustration. thats on you not them and trust me it will come up again somewhere else. The pay scale you describe (If it is weekly) seems pretty standard for a training period also. The reembursment is also pretty standard and designed to keep you from leaving since they invested the time money and risk to get you trained. Thats normal wherever you go too. Sorry you had a bad time but really this would have happened to you regardless of where you went. Get your ducks in a row and try the next one.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  10. gearjamin

gearjamin Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2010
    SE Michigan
    I think that the treatment you recieved at the covenant indoctrination is designed to find out which people in the "class" are willing to take the kind of treatment that passes for normal at covenant. Many of the other large carriers featured regularly on this site operate from the same playbook. It's a sad testimony when a company brags on their managements' commitment to God and then treats potential recruits and employees badly. Now you know what paperwork will be needed for the other companies you apply at. Good luck.

11. scottchris71

scottchris71 Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    iowa
    Wow, another rookie that has a lot to learn....I would also bet hes not happy at his next company also...any takers????

PainNdaNeck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.