Covenant Transport - Chattanooga, Tn.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    A company that borrows drivers money to pay for tolls is the kind of bottom feeder outfit to stay away from. Drivers are pressured to deliver
    Walmart loads and other such loads without any regard for HOS and personal safety of the driver into areas where swat teams have backup.
    Will no longer be working for a company that breaks labor laws and endangers drivers lives for cheap freight. :twisted: :evil: :!:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    Good for you! If more people would dump companies that do this just maybe they'd get the hint that the driver is the company! Then maybe things might start to improve, but as lomg as people stick with them they're going to keep sticking it to the drivers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    Breaks laws and endangers people? Add to that, forgets you are out there. My wife and I signed on with them as a team. It was great . . . for a while, then the bottom fell out. The last week we worked for them we logged 1400 miles. That should have been one short hop, not a week! :?: We also sat for 31 hours then got hit by another truck and we were run up the flag pole right with the MIA flag. We were hanging with no contact from Covenant for 5 days. Needless to say we quit. :evil: :shock:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    I drove for covenant for 4 yrs, as a trainer and fought with dispatch for the last 2 over miles. But the one thing that bite me is the fact that I had a couple of friends (husband and wife team) that were killed In Pa. On Snowshoe because he was pressured into driving against his better judgement, and after it was said and done the company held his last paycheck from the family to cover the deductable on the insurance.
    And not one person from the company showed up at the funerals, Just a few of us that loved and cared.

Christian Company? My ###.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    Totally agree. Am a yard driver for wal-mart, and we have been having issues with covenant. We have a few covenant drivers who are leased to wal-mart for the holiday rush that pull wal-mart trailers. Theese are seperate drivers from the ones who bring import loads inn from out west. Wal-mart dispatch noticed covenant trying to break the hours of service rule and has warned the carrier. Covenant is trying to get ahold of wal-marts 3rd party transportation at a rate where they are breaking laws in the process and trying to impress them but its doing the opposite. Covenant drivers are the most upset pissed off drivers I deal with on a daily baises, and I dont blame them, I blame covenant.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    My friend and I went thru orientation in Chattanooga. They were in such a hurry to get everyone process and matched with a trainer, so the big shots could be off for Thanksgiving. They spent more time on getting us to sign up for per diem pay and the benevolent fund than HOS ,Hazmat or anything else. Then we went out with with a wild man for a trainer. I don't know for fact but he had all the symtoms of someone on speed. :shock: [/b]

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    While we were training a truck backed into us in a TA parking lot. No injuries, no big deal... untill our trainer decided 9 hours later that my partner had recieved a neck injury and reported it to safety. 12 hours after the incident she was forced to go to emergency for treatment. Went there even though she had no injury and they told her she was there for a drug test. The police were called after her and trainer had arguement. Dispatch told trainer to take us to a motel. We checked in a motel 2:30am on Dec 7th with absolutely no info as to what was going on or what to do next. I charged it to my credit card. The dispatcher said they would reimburse but haven't yet. The only contact we had from covenant was someone from workmans comp. They wanted my partner to sign a waiver releasing them from any resposibility. We tried to make her understand that there had been NO INJURY, but they said they would not release us to leave the motel until she signed it. They would not pay for a bus ticket home until she signed it. We tried to talk to our dispatcher but they said because we weren't on a truck we didn't have one. Tried the student rep. and she treated us like criminals. We sit here at home tring to figure out just what the hell is going on. Don't even know if we are still employed or not. Keep trying to talk to someone at Covenant but no luck. This is CRAZY. Finally got thru to the man who puts students with the trainers. Bottom line is we are on the bottom of the list and might as well look for another job. We are going to try our luck at KLLM. I hope they will not be the nightmare that Covenant has been. I wish the government would not subsidize the drivers training mills. I think they make more money from the government for training drivers than they do transporting goods.[/b]

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    There are thousands of trucking companies who advertise daily for drivers. Just simply park the truck and find another company. Qualified drivers are in demand. Stand your ground and accept only the best from your carrier..

10. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Right on, people! Covenant is a VERY poor company. This is my whole point doing this! IF you stop working for them they WILL change or starve! It's that simple!

Get your friends in here OR people who are looking for jobs and make SURE they see this BEFORE they make the same mistakes! That's the whole point! You voices are more POWERFUL than you think!

:!: :!:

11. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    I live in Chattanooga, and previously did the hiring for another carrier in the area, and have had opportunity to hear testimonials of former Covenant drivers, and rarely if ever, paid any attention to the negative reports they submitted to DAC (Now USIS), as long as the pattern was not repeated across the board by the driver to other carriers. My intuition was rarely wrong.

Covenant is a bottom-of-the-line carrier...period. From what I have learned over the years, they practically dare drivers to quit under adverse circumstances, so that they can report drivers in a negative light. I have heard everything, from the lack of miles and eternal waiting for a load, to being initially dispatched upon hire to pick up a truck that was abandoned, only to find that the previous driver had defecated on the sleeper berth mattress out of utter frustration and despair.

In my opinion, one would have to be completely at the end of their rope to commit and leave that kind of lingering message, but the fact remains that they have some serious issues that they refuse to address, and I wouldn't go near them with a 10,000 foot pole.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.