COVID-19 related trucking-relevant closures

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by shatteredsquare, Mar 29, 2020.

1. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    Flying J in Lebanon OH, showers all closed

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Since the showers are supposed to be disinfected with each use, why would they close them. They are probably the safest area in the whole truck stop.
    Now, if they no longer have the personnel to do it, that might be the reason. But the laid off waitress or fast food person might jump at the chance to continue working.

4. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    hot, humid, enclosed...towel wash water probably not near hot enough to safely clean them good enough, standard cleaning is just a wipe down, those girls don't go in there with Lysol on their hands and knees...the ideal viral petri dish

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    All the rest nationwide are open. Must be something wrong with theirs.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. Bobtail Bobby

Bobtail Bobby Bobtail Member

May 30, 2019
    In the past few days, I drove from Mississippi through Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri. Every rest area that I drove past had a sign that said rest area facilities closed truck parking open. I also noticed an unusually large number of trucks parked on the 4 wheeler section of rest areas.

All the trucks stops that I have been to are still open and business as usual except no sit down dining, take out only.

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Forget the showers and bathrooms. Get your 5 gallon bucket with toilet lid and diaper wipes for wipes down ##### baths. Going in these nasty places right now is not worth the risk. Yall know a lot of times these folks wipe the bathrooms down with the used dirty butt juice towels and spray here and there..forget it...nope not now

Eowyn, LoboSolo and lilillill Thank this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The biggest change I see is less traffic, truck stops have an employee giving out free drink re-fills instead of self-serve, restaurant is to-go only. I also notice the showers at Love's are only giving 1 bath towel instead of 2.

9. Bobtail Bobby

Bobtail Bobby Bobtail Member

May 30, 2019
    I still use truck stop showers. I just spray everything with Lysol multi surface cleaner/disinfectant. I only had to go to 8 different walmarts in five different states before I could find a bottle of it.

10. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    All.it takes during a warm shower is to breathe in those droplets that landed somehwere. These jokers get in those showers , blow snot, and hack their guts out. Not taking any chances right now

BigDog Trucker and InTooDeep Thank this.
  11. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Make more money from unemployment so why would they want to risk their life?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.