Coyote - scary animal....

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TallJoe, Jul 13, 2018.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I agreed but after reading the Rate Con disagreed... detention after 3 hours, 500 late fee, reschedule several days out if late.... Drivers must count, if any discrepancy it is on you.... Every single RateCon has a disclaimer that a broken seal is on... you. I asked to remove stupidities from the RateCon they said no. Well then No. Seriously, calling me at 7 am and giving me this? Gee Get life.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what about the scary coyote..??

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    We have coyotes in our area. Rancher on other side of tracks keeps a donkey on hand. They travel up and down the railroad tracks and we have a seasonal dry creek branch bordering us. They have been in yards here before.

D.Tibbitt, magoo68, not4hire and 2 others Thank this.
  5. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I have a broker that has such stipulations.

I made then remove that crap.

3hr detention? I said ok, but my rate will be $100/hr, with no max, else, keep the load.

OTA/OTD penalty? Ok, my rate just went up by the same amount.

Broker lost it when i countered his crazy stipulations, so I asked him to give me a clean rate con, with standard stips, else keep the load.

5 mins later, i had a clean RC, with 2hr det @ $50/hr, $500 layover, flat linehaul, no OTA/OTD penalties.

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I had a good one a few weeks ago. From a new broker (to me) who is in the produce game in my area. (not coyote)
    Rate con says the usual about lumpers, get a receipt and claim it back. Nothing unusual there. I do the load, deliver it, get clean bills. This receiver has lumpers but doesn't have the typical lumper desk where you exchange a cheque or cash. The broker pays for it and the driver or carrier never sees any part of the deal. If it was your first time delivering there, you'd think it is run the way all of them are run in Canada. You bought it? You unload it.
    Invoice the load and wait for the money to arrive. Lumpers fees are deducted. With a cryptic code as a deduction on the pay stub. I call and ask and am told "it is right there on the rate con. You must submit a receipt and then we pay it. If we have to pay it, we deduct it from carrier rate." I tell her I was never offered to do it myself, or pay for it, or given an amount, or anything. Had I known what the amount was going to be, or given the option to do it myself, that would be different. No option was given and I was surprised when the cheque came short. I won't be looking for these guys loads anymore. 1 and done, or they can pay ####### rate.
    The more shenanigans brokers play the more I like just working directly with the customer. It really is so much easier. Cut the BS.

7. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    And thats why I always ask, in writing, if load has lumper fee, and whose paying for it - whether front end, or back end.

Its either pre-paid, with no effect on my RC, or I pay for it, plus a processing fee tacked on (they do that to us, so its only fair i return the favor @ $35 lumper processing fee)

Lite bug and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    For me, there is maybe 10-15 produce brokers who have the market locked up for the inbound from the produce growing regions. None of the others have ever deducted anything. I will go back to my regular accounts.

9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I just can't stomach the demeanor in which the formulate their Rate cons. Also, if you check their loadboard, most of them have something like that; the repressive tone of it. It makes you feel like they see a little scumbag in you with little to say. Maybe I am too touchy but even the rates they offer with all that additional B.S. are mediocre at best, with maybe once a quarter exception. Glad I am past the point where looking at their loadboard was a daily routine.

Snailexpress, DSK333 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  10. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    I only look at their load board if I'm stuck someplace. When I see all those conditions in the load description I have a tendency to keep on looking.

whoopNride and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  11. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I couldn't get past the online carrier packet. There's an addendum stating that I would agree to haul for $1.10 a mile. If the rate con takes priority, then there's no reason for that to even be included in the contract.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.