coyote stealing detention and lumpers

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by jaielv, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaielv

jaielv Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2010
    joliet,il
    anyone out there with some good advice on how to go on to recover my short pay from a couple loads and detention from this thieves COYOTE.I reported them already on truckstop.com with no success. My factoring company told me I could get it from their funds. I'm thinking legal action but I'm looking for others that never gets paid detention or has gotten short pay from coyote. supposedly they don't received paper work with in 10 days (bull ####) I use a factoring and they send coyote proof. This is the only broker I know that refuses to pay detention on the spot. and I heard from my factoring company to keep away from them they might be in trouble and want to take small companies with them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    They have their own detention rules in their rate confirmations, it varies from a load to load. For instance, sometimes I read that I have to call them 1 hour before the detention starts, BOL must have in/out hours,.the paperwork must be turned in within 72 hours, Sometimes they will say that detention starts after 3hrs or more. It is not just them. JB Hunt, CHR and others also make it complicated, perhaps for the purpose of not paying, or perhaps, they might have too many fake detention claims, otherwise. Most of the time, you have to call the rep that you booked the load with and demand the amended rate con, reflecting the detention fee, before billing them. The rep will process the detention. Without it, they will probably refuse to pay.... The requirement to turn in paperwork within 72 hrs, or even 10 days, is BS IMO. I've done more than a dozen loads for them, Coyotes, and they always paid, though.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Edited. Carry on.

5. jaielv

jaielv Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2010
    joliet,il
    Yes tall joe I understand your point of view but that’s not my issue. I think after 10 years of dealing with this rats I should know best to read rate Confirmation. On detention I call them after one hour of sitting and I make sure the in and out time or on the bills. Either you’re a really good ball licker or your probably the only one coyote pays detention on the spot. And no I don’t care what you say their ####ed up! Ch Robinson ,TQL or any other broker except this rats give you a revised rate Confirmation on the spot . Because they have good intentions to pay. Anyway you do what you want and think what you want I’m just trying to help anyone out there to be careful with this coyote company. After April 1 a lot of rats are going to drown and they won’t hesitate to take tall joe with them. Good luck

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Sounds to me like @TallJoe was just trying to help point out a few things to maybe help you out. Not sure why you jumped down his throat. If coyote is such "rats" as you call them why have you done business with them for 10 years as you've posted?

7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know why they are not paying you. That's because you are an illiterate imbecile, who lacks reading comprehension. Not only did I not defend them Coyotes, but wanted to show to you that detention payments are not to easy to collect for anyone, you, me and everybody, they do make it difficult and complicated. It is not only Coyotes. CHR is the only one who refused to pay me legitimate TONU so far. I don't care that much about detentions because I always ask before agreeing to a load, who the receiver is; if it is Kroger or Walmart, I know what to expect, I try to get a higher rate, so detention is already there, reflected in the rate. If they don't pay more, I don't go.

I also suspect that the way you talk, you must be quite a vulgar primitive....meaning that the likelihood of you jumping at them Coyotes is very high. They must have said to themselves, "the hell with that jerk...let's give him some grief". They like eating little rabbits, geese, ...., weak, defenseless creatures and of course...imbeciles. I will not drown easily. Look at my avatar, I am the hell of a swimmer, so take your good luck and keep it to yourself. It sounds like you need it, not me.
    -----------------

That's it for me. What a f...ing waste of energy for me to have even typed this. There are really thin skin individuals over here. They come here and start a thread of how the world is cruel to them You try to give them some comfort and they bite....

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  8. jaielv

jaielv Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2010
    joliet,il
    Yeah that’s why I hate posting for help and your right you always get answer from stupid jerks and now I don’t consider myself vulgar I consider myself to be one of the few owner operators with multi talents and growing up on the streets of Chicago has made me tough to deal with any kind of rats in every way possible. And on the other hand what makes you so good in this business? I came across some owner operators that absolutely have no business being an owner operator but a company driver.so don’t judge if you don’t know the person who you don’t know.take that advice for the rest of your life primape. Ask your self this question when was the last time you took your truck or equipment for repair . That’s the difference between an owner operator and a company driver we are capable of repairing anything and when I say anything is everything. From welding to Ecm programming not only on my trucks but and my 2 Mercedes and bmw. Last time I tried to get Peterbilt dealer to do some work was about 4 years ago ######## were like you they thought they knew everything. At the end of the day the told me my truck will not be ready until Tuesday and this was Friday and they were ready to close. Long story short you will have left your truck there until Tuesday with a load that had to be delivered Monday morning with 540 miles to go me on the other hand I was in the dock getting unloaded . So I will let you figure it out how I managed to get my truck working in a matter of hours when dealer had it all day. So don’t be a jerk and judge someone you don’t even have a clue about. And not because I say I do things you could probably will never figure out for the rest of your life you think it’s bull ####. Remember this in this life is better to be street wise that owning a degree . And think don’t just comment!!!!!

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.