CPAP cleaning machine

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by buddyd157, Apr 6, 2018.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the past few mornings, when i get home, and this is about 5-6 AM, i watch the local news and NBC news.

there is a commercial for "soclean", it is a CPAP cleaning machine.

frankly, since i do not use a CPAP myself, this is the first time that i found a CPAP must be cleaned. i had no idea, as all i thought it did was supply air to the apnea person.

but here-in lies my wonderment...

that not only truckers use them.

i have only heard/read where truckers are many times forced to have a sleep test, not the general public.

there is no one in my entire family or friends, that use a CPAP, so i was frankly, ignorant to their care, such as cleaning.

CPAP Device, Mask Cleaning & Sanitizer Machine - SoClean CPAP Solutions

(to the mods/admins) i only supplied a link as informational purposes only, not as any sort of sales, since i am only a driver myself)

d o g Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    to @d o g ...

can i add the link to the soclean site for others to get more information?

thanks in advance

shoot...never mind...i see you (or someone) allowed it...THANKS..!!!!!!!

d o g Thanks this.
  4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Yes, I approved it, so it's already included. Sometimes these links result in legitimate posts being tied up due to our efforts to prevent spam, and that's what had happened to you. Thanks for your patience.

5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    no, thank you for the explanation and allowing the link, for anyone who needs more information..>!!!!!!

d o g Thanks this.
  6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I am not familiar with the machines but know a fellow who has developed sores on face from the mask. Possibly sensitive to the plastic or maybe contaminated. Now he has sores in nose. I would think the machine or attachments are prone to many bacterias

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    If you use CPAP and water it's a good idea to clean them once in while. No water no, no cleaning really needed but the mask.

You can clean them for free with soap and water or a cheap CPAP mask cleaner. If you want something more fancy and easy to use you can get that So clean thing. It needs power and place setup. That's kinda pain in a truck, I hear they work good.

417bigK and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i wonder if the face sores are due to too tight a mask adjustment?

sores in the nose could be from dry air?

but after seeing that commercial, it has opened my eyes to the simple fact, those machines need maintenance. i just took for granted you wore a mask and that was it. no further involvement with them, except of course, proving (as truckers) the driver is using one.

9. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    It’s not worth it, imo. I use a resmed 10, and have never cleaned the machine. I use distilled water, and drain it and air dry every day. I do wipe the mask daily with baby wipes, and wash the hose and mask weekly in the sink with baby shampoo.

Puppage and 417bigK Thank this.
  10. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    I was kinda curious about this too, as I have to use a CPAP. But that was a good point raised about it needing a power source too. Be easier just washing the confounded thing by hand while you were out. Save Lord knows how much over the machine I'm sure.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  11. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I am pretty sure that the so clean device is what my wife just started using a month or so ago and she loves it. As far as cleaning them you should be washing that hose and water tray out every day with soap and water and I know she only uses distilled water in the machine itself at night. Great way to get a respiratory infection if you dont clean them properly.

buddyd157 and 417bigK Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.