CPAP ruined my life

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hazardous, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hazardous

Hazardous Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Is there anyone who knows of a doctor that can get me out of this #### thing. For the last 30 years of my life I have slept like a stone (a breathing stone that is), not to mention driving for over two years with no problems what so ever. Now, because I answered a form wrong I had to get a sleep study and magically, I have apnea! Not to worry, you insurance will cover it. Just strap this f###### thing to your face and try to fall asleep.

This thing has ruined my life.

Trucking is tough in a way people don't understand. It's the mental focus and fatigue that I think are the hardest things to deal with. Before my CPAP, I would sleep beautifully. Especially when we weren't moving or when I was home. Then I got cursed with this POS and now I sleep about 4-5 hours per night.

I have a feeling that as long as someone can make money off of insurance I will always have apnea.

Does anyone know where I can find a doctor that is certified in sleep medicine that can get me off this #### thing?

U.S. Otriad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U.S. Otriad

U.S. Otriad Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2017
    What part of the country are you in?

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I do not.
    What question did you answer wrong?
    Seem's to me like once a doctor deems you necessary of the apparatus, takes an act of Congress to get another one to disagree.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  5. U.S. Otriad

Jun 4, 2017
  6. Hazardous

Jul 25, 2012
    I am a large man, 6'6" 360lbs. I have a 22" neck, simply because if I had the required 16" neck my great big head would flop around. But apparently that's grounds enough. They did one of those home studies when you wear the little thing on your wrist and finger. Never in my life has my wife complained or noted that I gasp for breath, I sleep (well used to) perfectly but now it just sucks.

tucker Thanks this.
  7. Hazardous

Jul 25, 2012
    I have to wear it for at least 4 hours a night, 70% of the time. So I put it on, toss and turn in my bunk for 1-2 hours. Sleep very lightly for 2-3 hours, get woken up. Realize I finished my time and take it off, then I can't get back to sleep so I am awake...good work all medical professionals involved in curing the problem I never had.

Grubby, gillz107, DTP and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Hazardous

Jul 25, 2012
    Texas, but I will go anywhere to get rid of this

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He probably said he snores.
    The correct answer is ,"I don't know if I snore, I'm asleep. My wife says I don't snore."

Grubby, ExOTR, passingthru69 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. U.S. Otriad

Jun 4, 2017
  11. Hazardous

Jul 25, 2012
    I made #### sure I said I don't snore, which I don't. But their rational was "a lot of people with apnea don't snore. A lot of people who snore don't have apnea so..." I wanted to fistf### that smug prick to death.

Grubby, Knucklehead, RedRover and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.