CR England...Cedar Hill, Tx location

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BigPig, Dec 11, 2016.

1. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Im 47 years old, wife at home with a great paying job, no kids in the house. I was looking for a career change, always thought I might like OTR trucking. I'll give it a shot.

I start School Monday at the Cedar Hill location.

I'll keep this thread updated as best I can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well congrats on your new endeavor!

4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    You didn't do much research did you? You don't have to look very far on any board to hear the horrors of CRE, not everybody can be wrong.

JV_620, noluck and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Well p608 the school was close to home and maybe
    P608 i spent some time in the Military...I've got a pretty high B.S. tolerance, lol.

Day 1 - Seems we have about 99 students signed up for this class. I wonder how many we'll lose the first day. I think we lost 6 out of 75 the first day of Ranger School

supersmoote Thanks this.
  6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I'm not gonna get in a big dick contest with you, come back after you quit (and you will) and tell us what kind of experience it was.

noluck Thanks this.
  7. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Ok...didn't look like 99 students to me, looked like about 65...and about 10-12 of those were folks that already had their CDL. Anyway.,.nothing but physicals and drug tests today...and I did a lot of studying. The instructor will actually start covering everything tomorrow and Thursday will be the written tests for permit at the DPS ($74 out of pocket).

Food expenses and the test fees are all you have to worry about out of pocket, But it will definitely put a dent in your pocketbook with 2 weeks (until your hired on) and another week before you get a paycheck. Oh well...it is what it is. Gonna stick my nose in the books for a couple hours.

Ooops Thanks this.
  8. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    CRE is not the worst starter company, and its school is a #### sight better than many.

ExOTR and DRAGON64 Thank this.
  9. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Quiz yesterday over general knowledge...I passed but missed a couple more than I would liked to have. It had more to do with going to fast and not reading the question...gotta slow down. The rest of the day was spent covering air brakes and filling out a few forms for written (permit) testing day (today).

On the way to the DPS in South Dallas right now. I feel confident that I know and have committed everything to memory needed to pass all four tests...I just have to remember to go slow, and read each question thoroughly.

pattyj Thanks this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I do wish you the best and hope you're actually one that succeeds at CrEngland.

BigPig Thanks this.
  11. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I never said they were.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.