CR ENGLAND IS THE WORST EVER. LOAD PLANNERS OR DM's? BOTH ARE IN IT TO SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MOROCCANMAMMOTH, Feb 22, 2020.

1. MOROCCANMAMMOTH

MOROCCANMAMMOTH Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2020
    When I came back to CR England I had taught it would of changed. I was wrong. My first truck assignment I had been issued a truck that had been sitting for Shop Service, claimed it was good to go. Took on my first load assignment; the truck broke down. It had to be towed back to the yard. 2nd truck issued another truck that had sitting in the yard forever, my new teammate and myself had picked up our first preloaded trailer, for the radiator to just bust and cause the engine to shut down. We had to be towed back to the yard again. the shop had claimed they were going to fix this. but the hood still open and nothing being down to fix the radiator. claimed it would take a couple days to receive parts from freightliner.

The DM then hesitated to give us a newer truck. but had no choice but to give us the newer truck. so we get in, being awake all day still waiting on previous truck to be fixed, dispatch still expected the load assignment to still make it on time. it didn't because of lack of hours of service legal for driving.

I requested to be transferred to a different fleet, for them to give me a probationary period supposedly. when the 2 truck breaking down on us was not our fault. so i went to Regional position finally, but still gave me team required loads. i was sick then, got pneumonia. the company careless of my condition.

First assignment I was fired up and ready, got the mt droppped and picked up reploaded trailer and i was driving hard. I got a phone call from DM to stop at Primm Nevada to SWAP the same load going to the same place. The trailer the other team had gotten had no license plate, so i had to call compliance to get registration for, must be logged on duty. no matter the f your dispatch says. i was awake the whole time until team arrived with load late night that same day, 2139 pm. been communicating through qualcomm obc, on boarding computer. DM calls following morning and yells at me asking why am i still sitting, when i should be in nebraska by now? excuse me? what? I was just swapping trailers, not too long ago. i needed sleep. i explained to him over the phone. Here's where i decide this isn't cool, no more cell phone calls. I'm only communicating via qualcomm and obc only truck computer only. so it's documented. and recorded.

I finally delivered and had picked up a load in minnesota where it was 13 degrees. here i've been emailing dispatch and making carbon copies to other operations managers to ensure they knew i was communicating. my DM had called, then a message on the obc. Call me, or no load. Of course my phone really wasn't working at this time anyway, i messaged i couldn't. that these truck on boarding computers is our primary source of communication no matter what you he wanted.

skipping to towards the end, the last 2 load assignments i had as a Western Regional solo driver were still giving loads that went in the EAST Coast. Evidently there was road closures, in which i still had to chain the freezing cold and blowing wet wind, on i70 that forced me to exit Silverthorne. in Colorado. i got a phone call from a load planner, asking why is it taking me 2 and half hours to chain up? When their policy is if i have to chain, it's safer to just shut down. When previous phone calls i was told if i can chain up and keep moving. After 2 days of being stuck in a freezing truck, i got sick again. and body felt worn out. Regardless, dispatch was still harassing me and micro-managing why I haven't started my clock yet, that i've been off duty 13 hours, when i should only need 10 hours.

in short, they call me in to the slc meeting to terminate me, with the excuse because i couldn't use my cell phone to answer his calls. when i clearly explained the situation and told him showing him proof that my phone wasn't the best. I called another ladder in operations and had a meeting with his boss, for them to both gang up on me like some kind of inferior piss of ####. then to finally give up. nad face that no matter what, they were going to fire me. Later on I had requested in an email and emailed the englands as well if i can get this in writing. to later that morning be told that what they had concluded to write was I was terminated for "Involuntary Performance Breach and Involuntary Late loads". in the email from HR themselves. I have emailed myself my logs in which describes my shutdowns and highway closures. WInk, wink. I have photos of the communication logs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brian73

Brian73 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2020
    truck. but had no choice but to give us the newer truck. so we get in, being awake all day still waiting on previous truck to be fixed, dispatch still expected the load assignment to still make it on time. it didn't because of lack of hours of service legal for driving.

Were both of you off duty waiting for the new truck?..Being up all day,and tired i can understand,but not having hours,I dont understand.

jeff18 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Sounds like the guy is in the wrong line of work.

5. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I concur

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    The first line in the post, "When I came back to CR England ", says it all.

Nothing else I can say about it.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Here is the problem, from my perspective:
    Like minds, Kemosabi?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    bigblue19, Dave_in_AZ, Opus and 8 others Thank this.
  8. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    That is a big wall of text. I think the short version is crybaby with lots of excuses that can’t get anything done in winter. After being fired by dingland you should move to a warm climate and seek a career with a paper hat most likely in food service.

Rctruck87, rachi, jeff18 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And as the OP found out the hard way, a leopard never changes its spots.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If it was so miserable then why even bother to go up the chain once you’ve been fired? Move on. Though I do suspect you may run into problems no matter where you go.

11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well i hate to say it , but i wouldve fired u too. Sounds like u one of those people that always has an excuse for everything , which isnt gonna help u in the trucking industry. When #### happens out here , which is most of the time, u need to communicate clearly what is going on , rather than making an excuse. Dispatch is not your boss they are your co worker. Now i will give u the benefit of the doubt , cr england is a #### company to work for but still u must do ur job and if a load needs run after u been up all day , its part of the job unfortunatly , we all been there . And minnesota in 13 degrees , man that is a beautiful day in that place. I have been there in -30 below with windchill down around -70 and trying to throw tarps and straps in that . 2 and a half hours to chain up, although a bit long i wouldve had to tell dispatch to get off their ### and come out here and do it . That was uncalled for by them . But when u get on with a real company u will understand that 13 hours off duty is 3 hours to long , u better be starting ur pretrip when the clock turns 10 or ur gonna be late alot of the time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.