CR England lie to me

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by crazybread, Apr 9, 2020.

1. crazybread

crazybread Medium Load Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Hello, C.R England lie to me about a refresher course that my recruiter promised me. My recruiter Robyn promise me the refresher course that C.R England would give me when I attend trucking school on March 9, 2020. During the first day at the trucking school I ask about the refresher course when Alan L. informed me that only 2 people have taken the refresher course and 1 has pass. I told Alan that I would want the refresher course said that is up the the instructor that gives the road test and skills test. I told said instructor that I do not feel safe in a semi truck been two years since the last time I drove one that I would rather be safe and take the class. The Instructor did try to find the boss of the trucking school but was unavailable at that time and said to me let’s see how your skills are if they are very bad I would approve the refresher course. I was able to pass both skills and road test but feel like both test was a rubber stamp to not give me the refresher course. I feel this way because with the information that Alan has told me that and during the skills test the instructor mention to me that I would have to stay at the school for the 14 days can’t just go for a day two and felt like it would be a waste of my time to be at the school for the full 14 days.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2020
    Reason for edit: Last name
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I have never failed a road test even when years away from trucking coming back went to swift I did request that I needed a refresher course since the last truck I drove was in 2014 and went swift in 2016. My request was mostly due fact it was still winter months last thing I needed was being green behind the wheel and doing something dumb. The winter had one last hold on in march back then we had a Northeastern come through if that wasn't bad enough another one from the west but would be a northwestern the way down the mountain the northwester had hit us we were trying to get down asap because we were gonna get stuck there for a week otherwise.

I am not a pro swift but have you thought about any carrier other than CR England they have the worst reviews for a reason. I would take stevens transport over them even at least there you get trained by for manual for sure BTW I have seen CR England students come over just get away from them to both stevens and swift so you won't be first or the last.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No newbie issued a truck and trailer and 10.00 in the pocket for his or her first actual load dispatch is comfortable with the semi. Not within the first year. That is usually a good thing, increases your awareness and caution so you don't break stuff with it.

I was off the road from 2002 to 2006 when I got a yard jockey job with 25 trailers and two sets of buildings to support. My first back went into the dock properly and the shifting was sorted in a hour. (It was not pretty) after a day of shuffling trailers alot of stuff came back to me fast.

Fast foward to being a crew boss herding temp CDL's teach some automatic enough to barn and park. Teach others 3rd gear manual to get to barn and back. A few trucks later they are shifting. Not very well but shifting. Toss all of them into the swimming pool. They will swim. Otherwise why bother. For some of us trucking is like certain life activities like riding a bike, you never forget. But that does not mean you necessarily should be riding one after a certain age lol.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    CRE lied? Say it ain't so!

6. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I would rather ride a bike every day at parks then be stuck in a truck every day and all day and get fat I do ride bike I used to ride a bike from one town to another to go fishing I have a passion for, The town is 20 miles away one way. Today I don't ride there that far after an accident including some idiots who thought would be funny throw a beer bottle at a kid, those idiots went to prison sometime later after I work up to the hospital.

That all said I do prefer exercise rather running, swimming bicycling, MMA with friends I still use my bicycle but with friends about half the distance I may have had more injures then I can count but would rather have fun.

7. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    No NEVER!

8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    It.... ain’t......so. Wait was that a trick question :confused:

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Recruiter lied u should sue them

10. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    Can someone dumb it down for me why people continue to go to cr england or where they kidnapped?

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  11. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Are you for real? The recruiter promised you? Really? When are you drivers going to figure this out? The job of the recruiter is to get you to join the company. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything that is told to you whether it be verbal or written means absolutely nothing! You are an at will employee! Now, if you were represented by a union, well, never mind. I'm sure that goes against the grain of your thought process.

Gearjammin' Penguin and Kyle G. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.