CR England - The real story

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BeanTownTrucker, Oct 8, 2008.

1. bryleigh807

bryleigh807 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Louisiana
    This truck will def. b up for sale or trade-in. They want $61,000 for it, w/$9,000 down. Don't really want to buy this particular truck. It's been a good one for us, but has some issues that will cost $ down the road. I know everyone bashes England, but I've been fairly satisfied so far. I'm not naive & have been a business owner myself, so my expectations were pretty realistic.

I REALLY don't want to get in a long term lease w/this company, bc if a better job comes along, I'd like to be free to take it. AND the ripoff 14 cents a mile they charge, but I'd hate to start over w/another co. & have to go thru orientation, etc..

What are ur thoughts about US Express? Same ol' ######?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jhf

Jhf Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Can somebody explain this to me?

I don't understand the time rules yet so I don't understand the above.

1) It looks like the dispatchers are doing something that is forcing the 34 hour reset. What is causing it and is there any way to avoid 34 hour resets?

2) Why would there be an 8 day no shower situation? I'm guessing teams? Because if you can only drive 11 hours there should be time for showers almost every day no? and 11+11 = 22 still two hours non driving. Do teams operate in some way that there literally is no way to take a shower 2,3,4,5,7,8 days?

4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    even though it seems like there is that two hours there truly is not. the only time you will be stopped is at a shipper/receiver or fueling. cause once your 11 is up your teammates 10 is up and it is a non stop operation

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. Jhf

Jhf Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Brutal.

Note to self - scratch teams off the list of things to consider.

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    if you have a good teammate you will find time to shower when ur done fueling and things like that

7. bryleigh807

bryleigh807 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Louisiana
    When loads are tight back to back, there is no extra time. Also, alot of the time, u end up stuck somewhere w/ no showers bc the truck stops are always so packed. Also, being female with long hair, it takes me a lot longer to take a shower, shave my legs, dry my hair, etc., than men. Lol!

The 34 hr. resets weren't forced. Sometimes we get stuck with that much time between loads or that much extra time on a load. Nothing wrong w/a reset. It's always nice to have a fresh 70, but I'd rather have the tight loads back to back than that. Seems to always be one way or the other.

8. unknowguy

unknowguy Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    OK week three shifting .....LOL class mates are going to be the only problem ....first day great with my double clutching,the instructor (she) is great one. But looking at here you would thank otherwise ...maybe we will end the day off turning
    .....do forget ill try my best too keep you updated

9. HillClimber

HillClimber Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    7 days a week on highways with no traffic jams, no construction zones, no red lights or stop signs, no stops at dot weigh stations, etc etc. hell I'm happy if I can get through one day without bad traffic.

This guy must be driving his truck on a giant treadmill

russellkanning Thanks this.
  10. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

He must have a catheter as well.... maybe he's on the moon or something.

11. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I leased with England 11 years ago ... same experience. I didn't expect the world and they paid me decently.
    Right now I am back with England with my new wife. We haven't found the right truck to lease because we don't want to commit to 3 years right now. So we are in the same boat, since I would hate to start over.
    I drove with US Express 9 years ago. It was kinda like England, but I went there for the automatics. I didn't like it as well (as a Solo) since I didn't get as good a miles and stayed back east instead of cross country like with England.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.