Creative ways to 34 when away from home.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by WildTxn, Mar 7, 2018.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Those are the ones who wear the dirty baggy gym shorts with the fat hanging over their unlaced tennis shoes, and greasy long hair??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No. Those kind whine and get a room at the Easy 8.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  4. WildTxn

WildTxn Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    If your rich, you could get one of those jet packs. Fairly compact, just strap on and off ya go! Their kind of fuel guzzlers though from what I've heard, probably can't use them in Cali. without a CARB emissions system. 'course if your rich, it's doubtful you got that way trucking, and you wouldn't be in any truck stops to 34 anyway. LOL

5. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Sleep in the first day. Get up and do laundry. Clean and organize the truck and headache rack. Oil binders and repair tarps. Go to store and restock groceries. Get a shower and turn in early. Wake up the next day and start rolling. Don't know how some of you guys have so much time.

QuietStorm, IluvCATS and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  6. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    I do my 34 at the house.

7. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I did a 34 yesterday and took Uber into Boise to check it out and walk around. I never regret going into somewhere and getting away.

LateNightCable Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Dispatcher A: Hey Dispatcher B, see that trailer in the shop? I'm gonna send my driver to 6 places around Atlanta looking for it. If he yells at me again, he's going to Chicago.

WildTxn, tucker and QuietStorm Thank this.
  9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    And he loads Wednesday and thinks he will get empty Friday but really they won't take it til Monday.....

tscottme, tucker and QuietStorm Thank this.
  10. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    Well I have done many things over the years on my lay over time .
    I went to a Springsteen concert back in the 80's while I was laid over in Indy for the weekend .
    I have parked along the 101 and went surfing back in the day .
    I have went to a biker party in Dunedin Fl .
    I Have went to the Strawberry festival in plant city Fl .

I have shot in bow shooting matches all over the place .
    Heck I have even shot in IDPA matches while out over a weekend .

Took a ride downtown Chicago seen the art institute and the navy pier and even the history museum .

I have been to several Nascar races a few motocross races even a tractor pull or two.

I have seen state fairs county fairs and even a goat roping !

If I am out for a weekend or even 34 reset I will just see what the area has to offer .
    Shoot even going to a Cabela's or bass pro shop beats sitting in the truck all weekend .
    Heck even a walk in the local park is worth the cost of the ride for a nice day out !

Now days with the interweb and google there is no reason at all to not go out and enjoy the little things in life . !!

I run my tail off when I have to but this job also can let you see things that the average person would have to spend thousands to do and see .

So the next time you have to wait over the weekend just ask Google what there is to do and see in the area .
    All it takes is a few bucks and the willingness to get off your tail go enjoy life .

Contrary to what everyone thinks you are not a slave and you can enjoy this job if you just turn it to your advantage .

WildTxn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.