CRETE - A Year in Review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by evertruckerr, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    OK, My first full calender year with Crete (Jan-Dec) 2007 has passed and I thought I would show the actual numbers.

Anyone that has spent any time on this forum knows that there are endless opinions , good and bad, about every trucking company. What is often lacking is actual facts.

Anyone that has read my posts know that I am pro Crete. I am not a recruiter, just a driver that is proud of my carrier. They are not perfect, as a matter of fact they can actually get me hot under the collar on a regular basis. But what it actually comes down to is the paycheck at the end of the week.

With that said.

The intention of the following information is to give just that. Facts without opinions. I would love to see other drivers for all companies do the same, to some extent anyway. Let the other drivers on this board know what kind of money can be made. If people would stop driving for the bottom feeders, the day would come when these companies might have to stop paying slave wages.

The chart below shows the miles for each run of the past year. Please note miles are posted on the day the load was delivered and monthly totals are not adjusted to show partial miles for trips that begin in one month and end in another.

[​IMG]

The following will show various breakdowns of the mileage chart above.

[​IMG]

Days lost due to Breakdown: 0

Total Layover days: 0

I was going to post my final paystub also, but it seems the payroll website is acting up today and I can't pull it up. But for now, here an approximate but very close to actual pay information for the year. Please note that my pay increased from 41cpm to 42cpm in September.

My final pay check on 12/27/07 for miles run through 12/21/07 was aprox $61,500.

Final Pay 2007 $61,500.00
    Less: First paycheck 2007 for last week of 2006 - 575.23
    Add: First paycheck 2008 for last week of 2007
    including 1week pd/vac # $1154 + 1612.59
    -------------

Gross pay for 2007 $62,537.36

Some of you will note that if you add 139,453 by 41cpm that it doesn't come up to 61K+. The additional pay is due to Detention pay, Stop Pay and other various accessorial pay that is more detailed than I care to get into.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Marinegreen1775

Marinegreen1775 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    AWESOME!!!! Thanks for doing that. I like that alot. I will do that with mine as well. Impressive!!!!

Squeezebox and cstefan Thank this.
  4. haze1

haze1 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Midwest City, Oklahoma
    thats great and just what i hope to accomplish during my 1st year. i started # .40 per mile but got my .01 raise in December after six months with Crete. i too stay out and run hard but thats what i find works for me.
    i was glad to see a positive posting by a Crete driver, not that i see very many negative ones. keep up the great job.

haze1

pinballwizard, D33RHUNT3R and cstefan Thank this.
  5. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    evertruckerr,

That are some impressive numbers for a truck driver. I can see you put quite a lot of work into it. That is more than a lot of "suits" make in a year. The only question that I have is, how much was your net income? I think drivers need to know that after all expenses, taxes, benefits and incidentals are paid. It could potentially steer drivers to your company. There are a lot of drivers out there looking for a great company. Lets see if you can help.

Drive safe

pinballwizard and Marky84 Thank this.
  6. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    GREAT POST,GLAD TO HERE THERES A OTR COMPANY THAT PAYS FOR YOUR HARD WORK.

7. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'll post my actual last pay check for the 2007 year when the payroll website is working. It lets me pull up the pay amount but not the actual pay stub with year end totals. The site had been acting up lately.

8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    What kind of truck were you in? Also, do they hire from Florida and offer regional? The only reason I ask is that I am trying to find a company that does regional in Fl. Those are some impressive numbers and I admire your work you put into this post.

Hunter

cstefan Thanks this.
  9. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    EverTrucker, where is the majority of there freight? Or freight lanes? I live on the west coast, so my question is, would I be stuck on the east coast until my hometime? Also, do you get a choice of 3 loads? Are they really 3 different destinations? Just curious, Ive been aproved by Crete recruiters, now I'm waiting on the Safety Dept. I'm looking foward to making .41+ cpm. Drive Safe

cstefan Thanks this.
  10. Slyydaddy

Slyydaddy Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2007
    NC
    Very informative!

Thank you for posting those numbers. Are you in the National or SE Regional Division?

YoungTater Thanks this.
  11. Wolfie

Wolfie Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Hartland, Wisconsin
    I assume that Crete does not have a Training Facility for newbies?
    What is there minimum driving experience (1-2 years)
    Thanks!

cstefan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.