CRETE - A Year in Review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by evertruckerr, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    As I said , I may have to go with Shaffer, don't want to drive into LA every time. And you said it's "not" teams correct? With the right person it may not be bad, but Im old and "crochetty" also. lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    We have some teams, but not a lot. The majority of drivers here are solo(or a solo driver with a ride along spouse that isn't a driver). I guess eithere Crete or Shaffer would work. Living on the west coast I think either fleet has a '45 days out' requirement due to a shortage of west coast customers/freight.

4. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    west region is 45 days out, they do offer a 21 days out at a 2 cent per mile cut in pay, if you live in very limited areas. LA is one.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I didn't realize they had rdo21 out west. They use to (or may still have) western regional, but the majority of western regional drivers I've met were in Chicagoland or around St. Louis. I'm guessing mainly because of freight shortages.

6. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    It has been a very long time, matter of fact this load I had was the most jacked up that I have ever had. The pu was a window between 0700-1700, I get there and check in at 1030 and was told my Appt was at 0700 and I was LATE, I said naw I have a window, the shipper told me No You Dont Have A Window and we will try to work you in today....WTF. I informed dispatch about the conflict and they told me that I do in fact have a window. Well I wait all day and finally loaded and sign for bol at 1730 so I am there for 7hrs. It takes me 2 days to run the 1239 miles to cons and have back-to-back appts at same place, First one at 0500 than 0600. This oughtta be quick and easy I thought......but abit before 0600 the Lumper comes out and says OUR CREW THAT HANDLES VARIETY WONT BE IN UNTIL TONIGHT. I said NO this doesNt even sound right as I have a booked 0600 appt for the Variety portion. I have got bent out of shape before but this BS took the cake.....I was not offloaded until 0015 the next morning. I spent 19.5 hrs there. A recap of this load cost me a total wait time of 26.5 hrs. I AM STILL MAD.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'da given dispatch the option of t'calling at the nearest terminal , t'calling where it sits or I can get the consignee to sign the load refused and been on my way back to the shipper or Lincoln could have a rumage sale either way, I'd hit the dusty trail.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well I guess my string of being preplanned ahead of delivering my current load has come to an end. After delivering to my MO customer, they waited until I emptied out to send me something. Pu in St. James, MO going to Mechanicsburg, PA for a Saturday morning delivery. 800+ miles. Good miles, but this walking the tightline at my 70 isn't fun...The last few days I have been pulling in as my 70 hour coach is about to turn into a pumpkin.

I heard something come out of another Crete drivers mouth today that I haven't heard in a while...said that they have been running them ragged. Very refreshing to hear for a change.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Gettin' a different truck tomorrow. Picking up 85xxx....I'm guessing it has the MaxxForce, but to be real honest, as long as the AC works more often than this one has, I'll be happy.

Finishing this week with 3503 miles. Turn right around and head back to Pineville for Sunday when I drop and hook tomorrow.

10. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    wish they had a closer yard to me than LA. But you said Shaffer is the same correct? Talked to a recruiter today, got all my t's crossed and i's dotted. we'll see.

11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I too have been pushing my 70 for several days now. Been doing the P&G Lima to Pineville to Lima to Pineville thing, at 1005 miles per.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.