CRETE - A Year in Review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by evertruckerr, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And walmart is one of the biggest thieves around when it comes to unloading charges. They order it, unload it themselves, with their emoloyees, and charge the carrier a bundle to unload their stuff. I know it's been going on forever, but the prices have seemed to be goung off the charts lately...and no matter how long it has been like this...it still doesn't make it right.

And McLanes took 7 hours to unload...7!!! This wasn't a floor load that had to be put on pallets by hand, it was a full trailer of double stacked product on Chep pallets.. I personally think companies should deduct detention time from lumper fee's, maybe the unloading company would get their butts in gear. $270 - $140 detention fees means you just did that load for $130, here's your check.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ralph4159

Ralph4159 Heavy Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I'm surprised no major media outlets have done an undercover investigative piece on all aspects of the trucking industry from HOS to detention, lumpers, unsanitary truckstops, morbid obesity, and all the rest. Like what Morgan Spurlock did with migrant workers but uncensored.

4. trucsugma5

trucsugma5 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Morrison, Co
    So, that means that your W-2 is for half that and your co-driver's W-2 is for the other half.....right? NO? let's see your W-2 then..... oh, you lost it or gonna give us some kind of excuse.....so, in essence.....you just cant seem to find your birth certificate, huh?

5. trucsugma5

trucsugma5 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Morrison, Co
    That is a freaking AWESOMELY COOL idea......... i wonder if we would actually be able to show America the video, or if some guys in black suits wearing sunglasses would have a little chatt with us......... and then be followed by some homies brandishing Mr Smith and Mrs Wesson.??????????????/

6. LilRobWayne

LilRobWayne Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Rogers,Arkansas
    No need to show YOU or anyone else a W-2. I don't know Evertrucker but those numbers sound about wright for a pretty good year at Crete. I made about the same each of my years there. It's just numbers. You can believe them if you want. He took a minute to throw them out there is all. From what I've read he's moved on and now just get's on here from time to time. I would say it's getting harder to hit those numbers but in the year he mentioned it wasn't for me. I made a few cents more per mile and made just under $62,500 that year. Made that as a single driver. Don't care if you have trouble believing that because that's not the point. No need to show you some W-2 to prove it. People who've worked for Crete in that year know what they could make. Just sayin! Take care out there!

48Packard Thanks this.
  7. luv2drive365

luv2drive365 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Sounds good to me; I will check them out.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I know ET...in fact, while I was waiting on my unload this morning, I saw his name in the user box at the bottom. I can assure you 100% when he started this thread, he was a solo driver. And his numbers are truthfull and actual. I've heen here almost 10 years, and 6 of the last 7 gross earnings are(were) $60k - $64k(before the insurance preimum co-pay deduction).The only year I didn't clear $60k in those last 7 years is '08 when everyone was struggling to make a living, and I still cleared $57k. One area of Crete I have never had an issue with is money. I've said it many times and it is still true to this day, I have made the best money here by far and away than any other company I've been a company driver for. It's so many other things that most drivers have issues with that make them leave.

LilRobWayne Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And ET is no longer here...once you scan through the years, you'll read that he left trucking to pursue bigger and better opportunities outside trucking. He posted here a while back that the only contact he has with trucking is going through brokers to ship the merch his employer sells...and found out how bad brokers screw the drivers. I only wish I'da stayed in school so I could have an alternate opportunity myself...oh well, maybe next life.

LilRobWayne Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    As far as needing a major media to do an under cover spot...any body but Geraldo...I'd even settle for Springer or Povich

11. luv2drive365

luv2drive365 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Thank you for that information. I left trucking to pursue bigger and better too, alas! I am returning to trucking....Its in my blood, I guess. I drove for Schneider, but now I am looking for a better company, although Schneider was not a bad company. I would recommend it for newbies. I also fulled refrigerated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.