Crete advertises top 50% of their drivers average $96,0000 a year. Is that true, what u earning?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Kenworth6969, May 20, 2021.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm with the fridge division (Shaffer). Came back 7 months ago, after 2 raises since 1/1/21, and I am on pace to get a 3rd raise in October. I will be in the low 90's if freight continues to be this busy...and I am not making the top cpm like drivers that have been here for years.

Rocks, Dave_in_AZ, JOHNQPUBLIC and 4 others Thank this.
  3. JiggyFly

JiggyFly Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2021
    I've been with Crete for 3 months. I've had a few low mileage weeks thrown in because of different issues. ( dont take all of your home time in one pay period?). As it stands right now, it looks like I will be somewhere around 80k for my first year. That does NOT count in quarterly safety bonuses and profit sharing bonuses, so it will go higher with those.

Dave_in_AZ and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  4. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    One of my new drivers is from Crete - he said his best year was 88k - anyone who makes over 90k probably doesn’t have a life.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, mine has been re-estimated down to the mid-upper $80k's. The closer I get to the pay raise mileage threshold (Shaffer's is 109k), the more 2 day 500 mile runs I get. I have had 3 sub-2000 mile weeks out of the last 5, and I am on pace for another one this week. I have already decided that they talk a good game, but they can't live up to their adverts, so moving on is in my not to distant future. Maybe the top 5%, which might be the few that stick around long enough to hit the top cpm, but 50% is just wishful thinking

Rocks, bzinger, Dave_in_AZ and 2 others Thank this.
  6. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I'm with Shaffer now.

My last check was for 1513.00 after deducts.

Its nonstop driving right now, down to your last available hour on your 70 if you want. Which I have been doing.

It seems to be about 60/40 drop hook, and live load.

Live loads take about 3 hours usually.

EDIT: those are live unloads. The loads are usually faster.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  7. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Time to switch to Crete and get more drop/hooks

TravR1 Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The OM and I love Crete and Shaffer.

Speed_Drums, bzinger and TravR1 Thank this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You're fortunate. When I first came back, they ran me good. Lots of drop/hook loads. Now, not so much, lots more live load/unload. 1st quarter, almost 35k miles and lots of long runs. 2nd quarter, I barely crossed 30k miles (last day of the quarter I got a long run that got me from 28,500 to 30,100, so I was that close to not making my mileage bonus) and about half the number of long runs compared to the 1st quarter. This quarter I won't make the mileage bonus unless my A/M gets me over 13k this month, and it appears that won't happen based on the short crap I keep getting stuck with again. And I saw only a few long runs. I have asked him repeatedly(politely at first) to pick up the pace because this constantly dropping average miles per day doesn't make it worth my time to stay out 6-8 weeks, and if it keeps up, I will go home more often. I have even gotten messages from the Op's manager when my 'pick up the pace' messages get a bit less friendly and more grumpy...but I still see less and less miles each month. They even had me hauling dry freight on a Crete trailer for my last home time (I am Shaffer) because they couldn't get me a reefer load to FL.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Rocks, bzinger and TravR1 Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Thinking about working for these greedy ########...here is what they think of you Mr./Mrs. Truck driver

upload_2021-9-5_8-38-8.png

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.