Crete Carrier Corporation - Lincoln, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Driven Crazy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Top pay for Crete is .47, top pay for Shaffer is .48 because of the extra hassles of fueling, running, and keeping an eye on a reefer unit. Plus Shaffer has to deal with more grocery warehouses. Crete does some, but they have a bunch of other freight as well.

The only bad thing about G.M. dedicated is you take a pay cut from national.

I have gotten more random's here than any other place I've worked. I just got pulled for one last Tuesday(7/8 ). Unfortunately they waited until after my shower an morning bathroom visit. But at least they beeped me before I left the Marietta yard. For a while Arnold Transportation would 'randomize' you if you ran over 34-3500(even if you carried over some miles) The one safety lady, who bragged that she was once a driver ...for 6 mos., said anyone that turns that many miles in a week must be on something. She felt it was impossible to run like that clean. Silly girl. She should have been there when it was Silver Eagle... a 4000 mi week wasn't out of the question during the busy times.(and no it wasn't legally done, but it was done) She didn't last there very long.

knighton5 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bailey

bailey Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2008
    denver colorado
    I work for crete and they suck, i missed my father dying because of them... Ive been home 4 times and you know what im not gonna go on about jb hunt (oops i mean crete) lol they suck, there 7 policy omg what a friggin joke, mean what we say say what we mean,,uhhhhhh only when they tell you your 25in line, if you've been here more then 5yrs get out now, the new hire students at .33cpm have taken your job away from y ou, do you really want to be associated with a company whose accidents have skyrocketed, shafer lost so many contract due to piss poor service there running cretes loads, and its only gonna get worse, next time your in a big trkstop look around at whose trucks are sitting the longest, unless your a new hire then trust me son,,your times a comin

4. bailey

bailey Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2008
    denver colorado
    Doesnt matter what top pay is, the hire the pay the lower your miles, cretes policy folks, get used to it..new hires? We envy you,,,and we resent you...do yourself a favor, stop telling ppl whove been here 10yrs how many miles youve got, been here 10yrs, got 900mi last wk so to the 27yr old rookie who got 2700mi? Must be nice

5. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    WOW, and thanks for your input. I'm surviving!

6. knighton5

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City

Thx for your input and drive safe!

7. po_48843

po_48843 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Perry, MI
    I have read so much stuff on here that my head is spinning! I am a noob, went with werner after school, took LOA after 2 months with them cause they suck! My friend and I are looking to go team and am wondering what would be a good company for that. I do realize that everyone has a complaint about any company, I just don't want another werner to deal with. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

8. bailey

bailey Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2008
    denver colorado
    Let me assure you crete is not even close to being the company they were in 2000, i was here then and still am and if my wife werent under a dr's care and if i had enough money to pay the cobra insurance i'd be gone. However at 47cpm right now with the economy and there stupidity to keep hiring (almost 300 new hires since freight went to hell but they keep hiring and alot are fresh out of school. Aka:33cpm) thats whose getting the freight, that and the kiss #####.. What crazy bonus are you talking about?? This is the most driver unfreindly company ive ever worked for, well at least the last 2yrs, they are no difference then jb hunt or swift except there trucks go faster and they have more freight..so i dont know what you would work for but if you'll take 34cpm come on over you'll do fine as a new hire, its the ones who have dedicated 18yrs of there life to this company that are being forced out for students thus the steep uphill preventable accidents, there ontime deliveries have fallen sugnificantly therefore losing contracts left and right,,to who? Jb hunt and swift!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
  9. knighton5

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City

Try Interstate Dist. (IDC) out of Tacoma WA... They are a TEAM oriented company with solo drivers also. Teams get the miles and solos get sloppy seconds. LOL good luck

10. bailey

bailey Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2008
    denver colorado
    im not gonna say how long ive been or was at crete but i can tell you it was/is a long time and only 2x's have they ask me to do something illegal and i dont believe it was itentional and i called there safety dept and problem solved, on both situations i can tell you dispatch did attempt to strong arm me but there dispatchers and most have never driven and dont have a clue and the bottom line theres a million trucking companies out there and there all the same but you have one cdl..i assure you after there accident in florida jan 06 and with the increased accidents due to new hires crete is in no position to attepmt something to decrease there numbers on safety with dot and i also would like to inform you they have several employed ppl in here out of lincoln reading this, when i left crete i checked my dac,,,there was some misinfo on it,,i got it cleared but keep an eye on that becasue its every company, it keeps you (or they think) from getting hired at another company and forces you to return

11. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Bailey... I have read all of your posts, it seems that you are very unhappy with Crete. Why don't you just quit??? A man of your intelligence and years of experience shouldn't have any problems finding new employment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.