Crete Carrier Corporation - Lincoln, Ne.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DeadManWalking, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Just a quick question for Tip. If you worked for Crete in 1971, is your 36 years ago experience with the company still relevant today? Have there been any changes to their operations that might be worth looking into before giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to the outfit.

Seems like your info is a tad out of date here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Tip - the (really) frustrating part is that Crete has already decided to get out of the Sterling WalMart contract! They will no longer be there in September and are trying to tread water for the next two months as word spreads like wildfire to other drivers who do not want this assignment, even in the short term. That is one reason why they changed from paying straight miles as they did when I worked it in February, to now offering a per diem.

Crazymama - yes, I've thought of it, but in the moment, there is no time for negotiating except for what your manager is willing to do. And mine wouldn't do much (he did none, actually). I do intend to send a letter to the owner, Dwayne Aklie, as I understand he has been outsourcing management at upper levels for the last few years and taking less hands on responsibility for the decision making going on under him and in his name.

I think Crete has grown to the point where it should not try to keep expanding. That is a fatal mistake of many companys who overstep their commitments in attempts to keep broadening its sphere.
    But they didn't hire me to use my management training so like in other jobs, I end up being a frustrated peon who knows I could do better than those above me (but ironically I have no interest in management, LOL!).

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    "Just a quick question for Tip. If you worked for Crete in 1971, is your 36 years ago experience with the company still relevant today? Have there been any changes to their operations that might be worth looking into before giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to the outfit.

Seems like your info is a tad out of date here."

Burky, you sure have my number of late. Man, you sure missed the boat on this one. Maybe I'll be the one to complain to the higher ups this time, eh? Where exactly did I post anything about working for those guys in 1971? Where in the hell do you get your info?

Go dig it up the post that says I worked for Crete in 1971. You'd better find it, as I'm getting tired of this type of BS from you.

Jesus. Now I know how WiseOne feels. Help me out here, Wise. This guy has been bugging me for months now with this kind of garbage, and I'm getting really tired of having to defend myself. When I do defend myself, he goes whining to you guys. It's a no-win situation.

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Ahhh. I went digging and found that HERE is where Burky got his info:

"1971, I worked for Crete for almost a year and I liked them a lot. That's a good company. One reason it IS a good company is because it's still family owned. There are no shares of CCC being traded on NASDAQ, as far as I know. That makes a HUGE difference when it comes to companies. Publicly-held companies are usually bad news, as the stockholders always clamor for dividends above all other concerns, including the concerns of those companies' drivers."

Man, oh man. 1971 is a poster's username. It's short for "DSRNSC1971". Jesus almighty. I think somebody needs to have his facts straight before attacking people, especially those who know what they're talking about. I think I have mentioned here that I worked for CCC in 2002 about ten thousand times.

Like I said in the post above--I'm getting tired of defending myself against this sort of thing. Drivers need to be united, not at each other's throats.

6. crazymama

crazymama <strong>The Gardener</strong>

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    I agree with the expansion issue too. I believe that if there are any major management problems, labor problems or any other possible issues that need to be addressed, then expansion is only going to cause those problems to get worse as they are not being addressed.

At this point in my decision making I am much more concerned about what is happening with the states and the no idling policies. I can not afford to just idle a truck and get socked with big fines. I am afraid that some truckers will be found having died of brain bleeds in the summer or frozen like a popcycle in the in the winter. I honestly don't understand the thinking behind these laws. It's one thing to make these laws for recreational vehicles. Maybe people shouldn't be poluting our air with big RV's that are purely luxury items. But how can we endanger the lives of truck drivers that bring everything we need to us?

Without truck drivers My but would be on the ground outside. There's simply nothing in my house that didn't come to me on a truck in one or more ways. I rather like our non-pioneer lifestyle and I'm not ready to go back to the horse and buggy days!

Suzi

7. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Well, Tip, the only thing I can say is maybe you should post here as to what your credentials are so there will be no more of this that has to happen. How long did you drive? Please change your profile and PROVE it to them what your credentials are out in the open. This will help alleviate some of those type of questions. All I'm saying is show us WHY you post the way you post and then we can stop these types of arguments from happening. Thanks! I agree, truckers NEED to stick together and NOT be at each other's throats...

PS, as you can see, I was a trucker for over 12 years...I KNOW what I am talking about, I have talked the talk and walked the walk. Mods would just like to know exactly "where you are coming from" is all.

8. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Alright, Wise. I'll update my info when I get done laughing here. Hopefully this will be the end of the petty rock throwing.

I'm still laughing, so it'll be a little bit.

9. WiseOne

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Ok, thanks. Some have asked us what your credentials are and where you are coming from is all. That is why I added that field in the profiles for us to KNOW each other and for others to be able to understand if they are a trucker, how long a trucker, etc., etc. I am really stumped as to why you are laughing, but that's just me I reckon. Really, we want to be FAIR here. Burky wasn't trying to get you mad, he was asking a question is all and is trying to find out about you and the reason you DO have the passion you do. I am trying to do the best I can here to have us all come to a better understanding of each other...this is the worst part of my job.

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    His post is a personal attack, not to mention not even close to being accurate. That's how I read it. But I'll leave it at that and move on to more important things.

11. WiseOne

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Ok, thanks. I can see how you might feel that way about it. Let's all just move on from this and try and understand each other here is all I ask. Let's all drop it and NOT argue about this. Like I said, this crap is the part of my job, here, that I despise. I HATE having to deal with this crap, hurt feelings, etc...

Thanks for understanding, all of you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.