Crete Carrier Corporation - Lincoln, Ne.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DeadManWalking, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I drove for CCC back in 2002, and I met a guy in New York state once who lived in Portland, Oregon. He hadn't been home in about three months. I didn't ask him if that was "by choice" or if his dispatcher had gotten amnesia.

I know I was based out of the Salt Lake terminal, actually lived near Salt Lake, and got home on average once a month before I joined the western fleet. Taking only two or three days off per month will drive you nuts if your driving OTR. Those cabs look big on day one, but they look awfully small by day 21. I was on the road once for 49 days straight for CCC. I started asking to get home around day 28 on that tour. Yeah, it took 'em that long to get me home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    Betty Ann once told me they had a couple of drivers from portland because I was once thinking of moving west from florida but ended up staying here

4. Tricky Nick

Tricky Nick Light Load Member

May 9, 2007
    Utah
    I am going to be joining Crete on Monday and am looking forward to driving for them, everyone I have talked to seems to really like the comapany and what tehy do for them. I have stopped at many truck stops and talked to drivers and the only ones that seem to really like their company are the ones that drive for Crete.

5. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I quit Crete, but I'd still go back to work for 'em tomorrow. This is because I didn't quit a particular company when I quit CCC--I quit the industry and all its BS. Crete was by far the best "bigger" company I worked for. I worked for a small company in Orem, Utah once that was better, but that company went belly up about a year after I hired on. I remember making over 2,000 with this company for 10 days work. Not bad at all, but I guess they were a little "too good". Crete paid pretty well, but they could have done better by dropping the map-miles system. I hear they've done that now, so they should be #### good. However, I've heard the DOT is watching them lately (because of the big wreck in Florida last year) so they've become more anal with logging.

6. Tricky Nick

May 9, 2007
    Utah
    Hey Tip,
    If you dont mind me askin, what company in Orem? I am actually from Pleasant Grove and will be working out of the Crete terminal in Salt Lake City.

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I'll give you the ol' Reagan answer: "I don't remember. I don't recall." This company went belly up in 2000, I believe. It's long gone and never coming back.

I hope you don't take it personally, but I don't reveal that kind of info to people I don't know. They may use it against me later in some way if they find out who I am.

8. Tricky Nick

May 9, 2007
    Utah
  9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Tricky, good luck at CCC. That's a pretty good terminal. Janell is a good manager. I will say that when I worked there, getting home time was a problem. I once stayed out 49 days before getting back by the house, and I had started asking for a break around day 28 or so. On that same tour, I didn't even see Utah for 47 of those 49 days, let alone my home town. I spent all those days back east. After returning from this tour, I got on the western fleet and got by the house about once every five days. I had to take a 2-cent per mile pay cut for that privilege, though.

10. Tricky Nick

May 9, 2007
    Utah
    Thanks Tip,
    When I was asked what my plans were, I told them I wanted to run the 11 western and the recuiter said that was no problem, so I hope I can stay in the West.
    I will be going up and getting my UA, getting my physical and all that good stuff. I am supposed to meet my trainer today also.
    I have to admit I am nervous about the whole change of career thing but excited too.
    There is a guy that drives for Crete that lives right down the road from me. How cool would it be if he was my trainer?
    I will keep ya all posted as to what is happening.

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    That sounds good, Nick. I can't remember if the recruiter in Salt Lake told ME I'd be hanging mostly out west. Watch it close, as I spent most of my time with CCC east of the Mississippi, although I live in Salt Lake.

CCC's terminals are pretty good, though, and a lot of their freight is D & H. I'll say again--I really liked Crete. They were leaps and bounds better than my first couple o' outfits. Considering my very first company was SwiftCo, Crete was a refreshing breeze. Crete is light years beyond what I saw and experienced at Swift.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.