Crete carrier shaffer trucking 2021 otr job pay & review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Sylentlight, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Sylentlight

Sylentlight Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Ive been with shaffer 2 months now which is the reefer side and want to give my review and maybe refer someone because they said we can share our pay info and ill tell you about the job. So im 22 year old and started at .57 a mile .60 after safety bonus and with 2 yr previous local flatbed exp. (yes you can be 19 w cdl) never done reefer but didnt want a trainer so i didnt get one very easy to learn took a day. You will need 6 months exp.
    I stay out 3 weeks so i make a little more. Ive actually been out 6 weeks now cause im saving my days off. So loads are a mix of drop and live. Live usually takes 2 hr and we get 15hr so i get paid more for the short lives. My routes are usually 1000 and sometime 2000 and 3000 miles.
    One im on now is 2700. I think reffer gets longer loads. I have never waited for a load I havent even done my 34 rest running off 10 hr breaks. Your responsible for your logs so safety rarely calls. Good equipment havent had a single problem yet.
    I like disptch too cause i can talk to someone anytime and they are helpful. Too east here and i love it so wanted to share. Also i can answer more questions. There are also alot of terminal. I think its a mega but it doesnt feel like it. Orientation also a breeze and not alot of people.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2021
    Reason for edit: Posting referral info
    Opus and bryan21384 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    What’s your typical gross pay per week?

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've been back with Shaffer for 4 months after being gone for almost 8 years. It can be a good company IF you get a decent truck...I am on my 4th, and it is the biggest POS I have ever driven in almost 3 decades of trucking...I am in the shop again for the last 2 days with it now, and most of the list ISN'T going to be fixed...because they don't see anything wrong with it...good luck with them because if it breaks down again before summer, it's parked and I will move on AGAIN because of their junk. When I am rolling, yes, they do have plenty of freight...but keeping rolling is a challange.

5. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    I know one other guy having this problem. But guess I got lucky trying to earn a new one but mines doing perfect

Frank Speak, Trucker61016 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Do they have driver facing cameras?

How much for break down pay?

7. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Last was 2700 and before that was 650 gross. Because I had a load that took 7 days so it went on next weeks check. Id say lookin at 1500 after taxes so far

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    sirhwy Thanks this.
  8. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Get a cam for 3 months if you got into an accident in past

TravR1 and Skootlez Thank this.
  9. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Havent brokedown yet but we do have it. Sorry but recruiter could tell. I think its 100 a day

TravR1 and nredfor88 Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Yep, $100/day breakdown, unless they offer you another truck to swap to.

like it was mentioned, only get a camera if you've been a bad boy(or girl)

2nd truck was a 2021 with 17k miles. Was out of it by 38k miles with 23 fault codes. Plus the ability to force an upshift or downshift quit, along with the ecm's module for it's internal topographic map(what it uses to turn on your e-coast). If you've got a good truck(and a good asset manager), count your blessings because the miles are here right now if you can run them.

Lonesome and nredfor88 Thank this.
  11. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I’m sure starting pay is negotiable, but is .57 typical for an experienced driver with a good record?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.