Crete Company Physical Questions

Discussion in 'Crete' started by texasbigbird54, Jul 21, 2013.

1. texasbigbird54

texasbigbird54 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Uvalde, TX
    I am seriously considering Crete for my first OTR driving job. At 58, I am not in the greatest physical condition, although I have begun working out to improve it. I am overweight, but my BP is good with my medication. If I were to be given a pre-hire to Crete and go through orientation, what physical tests should I expect to have to pass? Schneider as an example has a video that demonstrates their testing. The toughest tests for me if going with Schneider would be stepping up and down a 12" stair for one minute, and having to squat under a 40" platform for a time to simulate getting under a trailer. I have tested myself on the stair step, and i am sucking wind big time after doing that, although I can complete it, so I am targeting that exercise in particular to improve upon. Please let me know what I might face at Crete. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    I am too wondering. Im going with Shaffer though.

4. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    texasbigbird54 Thanks this.
  5. texasbigbird54

texasbigbird54 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Uvalde, TX
    Olympian, thanks for the link. I had not seen this. I can easily do this physical, especially if I can use a knee in the crouch test.

Olympian Thanks this.
  6. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Saw two people eliminated from our group because they failed the grip test. Not sure how you would train for that but it shocked me they couldnt do it.

7. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Wow...that's kind of hard to believe, as I had a sprung middle finger on my right hand and while explaining to him I didn't know how well I was going to do on this test and at the same time trying to show him my swollen middle finger too, while I was also kind of squeezing at the same time to see how much it was going to hurt me, he said "don't worry about it, you already passed." I said, "what do you mean?" And he said, "all you need to squeeze is 75 pounds and you are already squeezing 85 pounds." I'm like to myself, wow; I can't believe this.

Razor Strike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.