Crete rookie questions

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Onadetour, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Hoping to get some input from experienced Crete drivers. How best to handle breakdown/maintenance issues. So far my biggest frustration with Crete is in trying to get work done on the truck, or trying to get a reply from breakdown on a weekend. How do you handle getting maintenance done? Which shops do you prefer?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. treetrimmer88

treetrimmer88 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2013
    i dont have breakdown issues but when i have to get a/b services done indy seems like a good place they are fast and to the point. whatever you put down on the list of work it gets fixed. with breakdown i always call them if i need to chat they dont seem to mind. now indy is a smaller terminal but not bad.

Onadetour Thanks this.
  4. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Communication is probably Crete's biggest weakness. They should hire one or two people if necessary to improve communication. A friend of mine had a tire blowout and it took over 2 hours to get a response on the qcomm. He was with Crete 13 years. He finally had enough. He made $.47/mile at Crete. His new job pays $.34/mile , but he stays in the southeast and gets home every weekend.
    I was at Crete 18 years. Quit for family reasons. If and when I go back otr, I may consider Crete. Their pay is above average and they pay practical miles. And I own a truck and got good tire and fuel discounts. The downside is short loads , sometimes with too much time on them. And Crete doesn't want to spend any time communicating with the drivers. Also, they ought to bring back load choices.I will likely go elsewhere. Crete is not a bad company. But they easily be much better.

Rollr4872, mr cribb and Onadetour Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.