Crete/Shaffer or Heartland

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by eptp88, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Alot of people think that reefer loads are always running even in hard times. As a former Crete driver I can tell you that Shaffer drivers were making alot less miles than Crete drivers back in 2008.

Please also remember that reefer loads are usually live load/unload where dry van is mostly drop and hook.

LadyDriverCO Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    exactly, thats what i think every time somebody says they paid to go to school to drive a truck and not do something else with there tuition.

4. blackdog54

blackdog54 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Garnerville, New York
    WOW you all are discouraging me to get into this line of work.

5. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind
    I used to drive for Shaffer and I will say I made real good money. But the management is full of micromanaging idiots. If you don't like that, it will drive you nuts. That being said, from what I have heard from Heartland drivers it is far worse over there. Endless stupid ########. Of the three, I would go with Crete. If you are open to other suggestions, try Millis Transfer. Better than those three.

6. pacnorwestdriver

pacnorwestdriver Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2011
    vancouver, wa
    When did you drive for Shaffer? I drive for Crete, and havnt been micro managed at all. On the crete pulling shaffer, shaffer pulling crete thing, it just depends on what color truck is available when a driver hires on or turns in a new truck, the name on the door is the same. As for pay, I made 50k last year.

7. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind

I left Shaffer in 2009. Are you telling me that you do not drive a 62 mph truck with that stupid collision avoidance crap, aren't told what route to take and where to fuel and how many gallons to put in? They don't make your logs match your qualcomm movements, have opti-idle in your truck and are still nagged about your idle time, have to use a porta-potti in the wintertime at terminals like Columbus because the douchebag terminal manager locks the drivers out? How about a mandatory sleep apnea test? Get that one yet?

Sure you're not micromanaged.:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.