Criminal Background Check Question.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DrGreenthumb, Sep 19, 2018.

1. DrGreenthumb

DrGreenthumb Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    I'm 24. When I was 16 I was charged with criminal trespassing and malicious mischief. Long story but it's not how it sounds .The officer only wrote me up because he legally had to at that point (his words). The court worked with me and told me that if I followed their requirements that when I turned 18 it would be clear from my record. But getting a driving job requires a federal background check right? Are these charges going to show up when my background check is being done? I had an MIP for when I was 16 as well . I can't quite remember but I believe that was also supposed to be cleared from my record.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Be honest on the job applications. Even if you murdered someone when you were 16, there's still plenty of trucking companies that will hire you.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  4. DrGreenthumb

Sep 6, 2018
    They're already in the process of doing my background check and I didn't tell them about it because I didn't think it mattered . Should I call my recruiter and tell her?

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DrGreenthumb

Sep 6, 2018
    Oh man. I screwed up bad. I won't even be surprised if they tell me I'm done at this point. She specifically asked me yesterday if there was anything else she needed to know and I told her no . I genuinely thought my record was clean now.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i could be wrong, but i thought that juvenile records were always sealed when the juvie turns legal age in that state??

i would NOT call the recruiter, it's too late, and she may even chew you out as well, THEN toss your application away.....

austinmike Thanks this.
  8. DrGreenthumb

Sep 6, 2018
    Okay... I thought I was in the clear. They told me that when I turned 18 my record would be completely clean because I followed all of their requests to the t. Learned my lesson I guess. I'll just be sure to tell the next company I apply for.

9. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Just let it go this time: telling them now might really screw things up and there is a 50 percent or more chance that juvenile record won’t show up

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    again, juvi records are usually sealed at the legal age. you may never need to say anything......you could end up opening a can of warms, you'll never recover from, question after question.

why don;t you go and see the DA office IN PERSON to get to the bottom of this..???

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  11. DrGreenthumb

Sep 6, 2018
    That's why I didn't say anything in the first place. They told me my records would be sealed when I turned 18. I can't make it into an office in person until Monday unless I call in sick at my current job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.