Cross border experienced (10 yrs +), need relicencing.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by whodat54321c, Jul 30, 2021.

1. whodat54321c

whodat54321c Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2021
    I am a US citizen/Canadian Permanent resident, with about 18 years of experience (10+ cross border). I was last employed by the US division of a Canadian parent outfit in 2019, and returned to Canada to complete my immigration process to permanent resident when the pandemic came down. Being a resident of Alberta, my US class A licence was only good for a class 5 (car) here, as the province requires an Entry Level Training course to upgrade. No companies in Canada will finance this, and there is no government funding available either. The classes are similar to most US trucking schools (180 hours), but cost about $10,000 CDN. I decided to do what I did years ago and just re-licence in the US. Relocation for purposes of employment is no difficulty, but I would prefer to work the snow belt along the northern border and/or cross border work. Right now, the land border is closed to 'non-essential' travel until Aug 21. If it's ok to travel to the US for school/work reasons, what carriers that offer paid training would work best? Don't mind any of the border states, but do not care for California, as I'm not a fan of their tax policies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's two companies in Missoula, Montana:
    `
    Wilson Logistics
    Wilson Logistics offers a Paid CDL Training Program designed for those with no prior experience wanting to become a professional over-the-road (OTR) truck driver. We have two training locations: Missoula, MT and Springfield, MO. We hire out of all the lower 48 states. Highlights of Training Program
    ~
    CDL Training - Jones Brothers Trucking
    CDL Training
    CDL TRAINING & CMV TRAINING PROGRAMS Jones Brothers Trucking has been a leader in safety in the flatbed industry for many years. Now, we would like to share this with the public. We hope in doing so we make the roads a safer place for everyone and give drivers the …

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.