CRST cdl training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by National33, Dec 6, 2017.

1. National33

National33 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Arkansas
    What can you guys tell me about crst? drug test? how was your time there? Anyone go to this school/company that's from Arkansas? Also, do you know of any other sponsored training with a contract length 10 months or LESS? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CRST; you can do ok there running teams on a "dedicated" account. A dedicated account is like hauling Caterpillar freight to California, then right back east and do it again. From what I've been able to learn, the "dedicated" accounts are ok, but the other types of trucking there are just so-so.

Carter Express trains in Arkansas and I think they do mostly auto parts. I think they send you to school in Paragould,AR. Call about the details.

Maverick Transportation trains in Arkansas.

Plenty of other choices that train in other states. They provide transportation plus meals and hotel room while in their schools.

National33 and Puppage Thank this.
  4. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I was an instructor at their school back in 2016. Here's what I can say:
    You will receive a drug test on day one. If you are concerned about passing it, stay home.
    The time there is completely up to you. You will pass or fail on your own. They will give you all the information needed to successfully complete the program and get a CDL.
    If you have difficulty in passing, seek help from the instructors. I saw many fail because they were too proud to ask a single question. Don't be them.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Take a look at Contract Freighters www.cfidrive.com
    Company-paid Tuition - urine drug test
    With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and meals for the duration of the four-week course.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. National33

Dec 5, 2017
    Arkansas
    thanks for responding, that's very useful info

7. National33

Dec 5, 2017
    Arkansas
    is the drug test hair follicle or UI ?

8. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Why?
    Here's the deal. We have a hard enough time out here without you doing anything that endangers us. Do the world a favor and stay off the roads.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Recently a new driver posted they did urine.

National33 Thanks this.
  10. National33

Dec 5, 2017
    Arkansas
    its no favor to the world for me to stay off the roads ### hole. I don't smoke weed anymore! drink or do any other kinds of drugs, never have. Weed is actually something I wish I didnt even do. However, thats none of your business anyway. So don't preach to me and jump to conclusions, you don't know me just like I don't know you. If I was trying to "endanger" anyone or live a reckless life I wouldn't be interested in trucking or asking these questions in the first place.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.