CRST drivers pls

Discussion in 'CRST' started by bordomzero, Mar 8, 2009.

1. bordomzero

bordomzero Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Southern California
    Any CRST drivers out there can tell me what miles they are getting per week?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    boredom,
    i've worked for them for two years and they have thier good and bad just like any other company.If you are just starting out then they ar a really good company to start out with.The one thing you'll have to get used to is sleeping while somone you dont know is driving.also if you're just starting out dont expect to may miles all at once they will test the water with you and your co-driver to see if you'll be able to handle the loads first.once you prove yourselves the miles should start getting better.Just remember most companies are struggling right now to get and keep customers.As long as you dont go into it expecting greeat things your expectations will never be to high :biggrin_25525: Also your miles depend alot on your dispatcher.there are alot of good dispatchers but then again there are also alot of bad ones...hope this helps you out a little.If you have any other questions about the company i will try to answer them the best i can good luck :biggrin_25519:

4. CRST Squid

CRST Squid Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Grantville, GA
    What he said is all true. Also the better you do for your fm, the better your fm will do for you. I've got 3 years here at crst so far. I've been late 7 times and I'm getting 6500- 7500 miles a week with my co driver to show for it. All my loads are time-sensitive airfrieghts and about 75% are for conway which is probably the #1 customer. I talk to others who moan and whine about getting 2000 miles a week and are a rating 5 team(slow). Work hard and crst takes care of you. Slack off and nobody will.

5. juan m

juan m Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2009
    bakersfield, ca
    I'm going to start my orientation with CRST on May 04, 2009. Anyone have any advice.
    How much money I'm expecting after my 28 days period. A week, stimated.
    When you get your time off, they drop you any where or on your state yard, so you can get your car.

6. CRST Squid

Oct 15, 2008
    Grantville, GA
    I'd estimate between $500 and $600. That's at 22 cpm though. It also depends on if ur contract or not. If so, they'll be deducting whatever you owe them per week. They'll get u as close as possible to wherever u tell them u need to be.

7. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    So if i live in the chicago land area ,they will hook me up with another chicago driver so we can come home together when we need home time?? How long do yu stay out on average after training?? 10 days at a time maybe?? Thanks

8. CRST Squid

Oct 15, 2008
    Grantville, GA
    yep. They just typr in ur I'd and see where you live. They'll asl smoking or non, then they say ok you got john, pete, and steve or whatever available right now. Call them all and talk a little bit. I always ask "how long have you been driving?", "where do you live?", "how old are you?". Things like that. They will live somewhere in IL probably, I'm mean it really wouldn't work out too well if he lived is Houston, TX and you lived in Des Plaines, IL. You earn 1 1/2 days off for every 7 you,re out. Although I always take whatever I want. You probably wouldn't have that luxury. I've been here for 3 years when most ppl here have less than 1. CRST is good for starting out and a lot of ppl leave asap, if you stay for a while you get taken care of.

9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I believe that 7,000 mile a week average like I believed that story about a 104" trailer .

LuckyLady7 Thanks this.
  10. flowerchild1951

flowerchild1951 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Wichita, Ks.

You will get .26 cpm if you are not under contract with CRST. After 6 mo. you'll go up to .33cpm. But they tend to leave you sitting a lot. I wasn't making very much at all , and i almost lost my house over it, so be careful. They'll put crap on your DAC report too.

11. CRST Squid

Oct 15, 2008
    Grantville, GA
    I pull 100% airfrieght ,90% conway drop n hooks. So far this week from Atlanta to Vegas down to Blythe, CA to Charlotte up to Mass down to Connecticut over to Chicago up to minneapolis and now on my way to Sacramento. Just because u might now get miles doesn't mean nobody else does. Also I guess ur right about my typo, the trailer was 102" sorry. The door was still 105" wide. They did something with drywall and the building was made nearly 100 years ago. Trucks weren't as large back then. Why would I come to a forum to lie? I don't lie in person y do it online?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.