CRST Refresher

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Teaforone, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Teaforone

Teaforone Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    I have learned today that CRST will not put you on their refresher course unless you have had at least 12 months of experience in the last 3 years.

I had hoped to get on this, but I did not qualify. What is silly is that most companies do not require a refresher anyway if you have had 12 months of experience in the past 3 years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    They just did you a favor. Count it as a blessing.........:biggrin_25520:

skullitor Thanks this.
  4. Teaforone

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    I know, but I have to take whatever I can get unfortunately.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Dang it driver. Instead of a flogging why not settle for being tarred and feathered?:biggrin_2554:

6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled

That pretty much fits, unfortunately.:biggrin_2555:

7. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore

ok you have me baffled are you saying that crst will not put you on their refresher unless you have had at least 12 months of experience in the last 3 years?? So what about a newbie who has been out of school for close to 60 days

8. Teaforone

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    I know its strange. Even the recruiter I was talking to said he could not understand why CRST had it this way, but rules are rules I guess. They may take newbies; I have the feeling they would rather take a new person fresh from school who will stay a while instead of someone who they are just "refreshing" who probably just wants to leave after a couple of months.

I have seen you on this site trying to get a job. Its sad when someone fresh from school can't get a company to look at him at all, assuming you are talking about yourself. I'd think they would at least want me seeing as I have 8 months of experience. Its messed-up, back in 2006 this industry was begging for drivers.

bigpapa7272 Thanks this.
  9. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    seriously though the job hunt has gotten to the point where im scraping the bottom of the company listings, i really never thought it would get to the point of having to go to a crst or ffe but i gotta get something started soon. Yeah i have approvals from some good companies but htey are not hiring right now!

10. omio

omio Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I took a refresher course, so I know they do take refreshers. However, as one who currently drives for CRST, I can't recommend them at all. Dispatcher doesn't answer the phone when you call, lots of layovers, will only get one of you home for hometime and the other one is left to get home by themselves, can't get you back from hometime, have to fight to get layover pay when it is obviously due, etc. Again, I can't recommend them, and if I had it to do over again, I would definitely go with another company.

ScooterDawg Thanks this.
  11. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Hey Omio,
    If you don't mind I would like a bit more info. I am concidering CRST. I know you don't recoment them. I just want to hear more.
    Where do you live?
    How far away from your co-driver?
    Did you talk with the codriver over the phone before teaming up?
    How long have you beenwith CRST?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.