CRST - traffic infractions policy

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Jeremy102077, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jeremy102077

Jeremy102077 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was just wondering if anybody happens to know what specifically CRST's policy is, pertaining to number of traffic infractions (tickets/citations), they'll allow a driver to have and still keep him/her on board. From what I've heard, I could take an educated guess that the industry-wide standard might be no more than 3 in the past 3 years, but I don't want to guess here.

I already have my Class A CDL, which I obtained in the later part of 2008 through C.R. England. After experiencing a bad stint with them, which I'm not going to go into details about, because I'm not here to bash any companies, I have no need to get into that. After my stint with them, I found myself with my CDL, but without enough experience to get any interest from any of the companies I was applying to. So anyway, I've finally found a company to take me on board, put me through their refresher course, and get me back on the road. And I'll repeat, I don't want to hear any horror stories about CRST or anything to the contrary either.

But my reason for posting here is, I'm coming on board with CRST, starting with them on 1/11/10, having already 2 traffic infractions (both speeding tickets) in the past 3 years, already on my driving record, both of which in my personal vehicle, not commercial. However, I also have another one (also in my personal vehicle, non-commercial) pending with a court date of 3/1/10. I'm not sure if this is a law that's the same across all 50 states, but since I live in California, under California law, CDL holders are not eligible for traffic school to keep a ticket from going to your driving record. So realistically, my best hope of keeping this thing away, is to show up to my court date, and hope the officer doesn't make it. This court date is the extension date I have already been granted, the only one single extension that this particular court permits.

So, even though I am remaining optimistic about my upcoming court date. My one question, lingering in the back of my mind is this...what if for whatever reason, I can't beat this ticket, and just like that, my number 3 traffic infraction goes to my driving record. Will CRST then still be willing to keep me on? Provided of course, that I've up to this point, been a good driver for them, and given them no reason to consider cutting me loose anyway?

I've really gotta hear what people think about this, particularly anyone with knowledge about CRST's policies.

Thank you very much!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Search for CSA2010... You may find yourself out of a job come later this year if you don't lighten up on that pedal.

4. Jeremy102077

Jan 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    I googled and went the the Comprehensive Safety Analysis 2010 web site (FMCSA), but couldn't find the part of the site that might contain the information I was looking for. Do you have any information you could give me directly?

5. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Have you tried asking CRST?

6. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    The information isn't about CRST... It is the federal government tightening down on commercial driver's restrictions. Meaning, you get to many points on your license you lose your privilege to drive commercially.

7. Jeremy102077

Jan 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well if it comes down to it, I figure I could ask one of my instructors while I'm doing the refresher course. But I'm hoping to get some good information here, from someone who possibly already knows, before I start the course and fork over that non-refundable $250.

8. Jeremy102077

Jan 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well I was obviously not looking at the FMCSA site for information specifically about CRST, but I didn't find anything about it, was my point. Where exactly on their site is that info listed?

9. lostNfound

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Well, if it were me, I'd pick up the phone and call the company, ask for the safety department and ask the question; because someone that "possibly already knows" might just give you the wrong answer ... trainers included.

Jeremy102077 Thanks this.
  10. Storm

Storm Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2009
    USA
    pretty much..thats what i was thinkin

Jeremy102077 Thanks this.
  11. lostNfound

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    RE: CSA2010

Have they even posted how many of what kind of infractions will result in what kind of penalty? (and which CRST may decide they want a stricter company policy)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.