CSA score

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by murat, Jan 8, 2020.

1. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    I received a letter from PrePass stating that do to my CSA score some states have classified my DOT number as now 100% pull in.PrePass then states because of this they will deactivate my transponder until my score improves. I Have been an owner operator(one truck and I'm the driver) for going on 6 years with no violations or accidents.I have passed a couple of roadside and one pull in inspection but nothing in the last year.How can I improve my score??

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    have you tried contacting them?

it IS highly possible that someone is ghosting your DOT numbers and creating havoc with you.

if there is an office near you go in person. i'd suggest taking pictures of your equipment, and all numbers. take documents proving you and your equipment.

if someone is ghosting your numbers, there should also be a record of the type of equipoment that person was/is using.

personally, i think this is the situation, especially IF you are as squeaky clean as you say.

one more thing, have you ever been late in any important fee's, payments, like insurance and such...EVER..?????

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The only real way is to go and get inspections. The score went down due to insufficient data. I just got my Prepass, after they told me that my CSA score is 1% now and I'll be bypassing scales 95% of times. The funny thing is that as recently as November my score was 70% due to insufficient data (almost 2 years without inspections) but after two clean level 2 inspections (random pull-overs) within that month, it became 1%. GOOD.

5. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    I checked my record on the website and it reads zero violations and insurance is good,I will be contacting them today but it's a long process on the phone.They said my regional office is in Chicago I'm in Nebraska.

6. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Yes yes thank you for your question.
    You have a couple of choices.

1. You can buy more tractor trailers. The more you buy the lower your score. It was designed by mega companies when the CSA was created.

2. Reincarnation.

The Biggest Dawg, murat and booley Thank this.
  7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    CSA no data is automatically like you’re an outlaw.
    Get an inspection, you basically dont have a papertrail.

Mike250rs, PE_T and murat Thank this.
  8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Let me ask you; right before the deactivation, were you still getting green light or was it more frequently red?

9. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Sounds like they just want some more recent data to base their decision on...6 years doesn't mean much cuz I think they only look back 24 months. Pass a new inspection and you should be good to go

murat Thanks this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Have you thought about using another bypass service?. Like Drivewyze. Don't know if it would be any different. Just a thought.

11. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    No it was still green most of the time.Only had a red about twice a year,actually get more no lights than red.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.