CSX buys Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by LTL Bull, May 12, 2021.

1. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    I’m not good at linking articles, but search it and it will pop up. Kind of shocked me to hear it, as an ex Suttles/Dana driver wonder what old Ronnie Dana’s going to do? Buy KCS?

Orange713 and pathfinder1361 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    KCS was bought by Canada pacific RRX, So Mr. Ron can’t buy them

4. LTL Bull

Mar 12, 2020
    Deal isn’t finalized yet for KCS, Ronnie might get em yet!

last I heard, CN and CP are at loggerheads and CN made a proposal of their own. Deal still needs OK by US federal regulators too, which does not appear to be a forgone conclusion

5. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I didn’t realize CN made a move for KCS, So I guess Mr. Dana still has a fighting chance

6. LTL Bull

Mar 12, 2020
    You work for him? I was with Suttles at the time of the mergers. Used to run through Nitro quite a bit. I was domiciled out of Dana’s Detroit yard. Is he still active? Met him twice in Avenel. Once on a Saturday morning, he rolled up in a nice looking but old El Camino. Asked where I was headed. Told him I was laid over cause the A holes in dispatch were mad I wouldn’t falsify logs to run an acid tank to Buffalo. I thought he was a driver. I was supposed to go home and they said they had nothing going that way. 45 minutes later I got a call that they “found” a preload four hole load in the yard for me. Ronnie Dana is ok in my book. Love the story about him and Matlack

7. LTL Bull

Mar 12, 2020
    Yeah the whole thing has ruffled feathers. Even the Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffet has got his and BNSF’s nose in the deal now

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I ran for them for a few years. Ron is definitely a character. More at home working in the shop than in his office.

LTL Bull Thanks this.
  9. LTL Bull

Mar 12, 2020
    The Suttles setup was geared more for company drivers it seemed and the Dana culture definitely seemed geared to the lease operator , NOT LEASE PURCHASE for any of you not familiar with the term lease operator, I didn’t have any real problems with either Dana or Suttles I just wasn’t seeing the money. Went to work for a private fleet delivering mobile home parts of all things to mobile home parks and suppliers and made far more money than I ever did at Suttles/Dana. I liked the ISO containers and dedicated acid tanks. Tanking was very enjoyable and if the money had been there I’d probably still be doing it.

kemosabi49 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  10. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yeah, it is amazing that the most dangerous side of trucking to me which is Haz Mat and liquid doesn’t pay more than it does. Depending on what product you’re hauling, you basically have a bomb on your back, definitely should be paying a lot more

LTL Bull Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.