CTL transportation getting bought by Service Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ChicagoJohn, May 18, 2020.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Smut, 88 Alpha, Speed_Drums and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
  4. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I had heard rumors that CTL was for sale, but that was a couple years ago so I thought they were off the market, guess not.

5. $ilver

$ilver Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Yep, we got the news yesterday morning. We had 2 teleconferences to explain to the drivers what's happening. I called into both but just got static. My DM says I didn't miss anything and just keep on rolling.

Comcar was a good company. I really liked them and had plans on retiring from there. I felt lucky that the 3rd company I ever worked for and found a keeper.

I know nothing about Service Transport. I have seen a lot of their trucks in the LA ,TX and southeast region. That's a good thing.

I have to assume it will be a massive pay cut. Can I claim unemployment after Comcar bankruptcy? Do I have to take whatever deal Service Transport offers the drivers that stay? Does anybody have information or opinion of Service Transport?

6. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    I worked for them back in 2013 was a good company everything was out and back was paid on percentage at that time don’t know what they do now. Equipment was good do your job and you won’t hear nobody. Ctl has been falling off in the Houston area for years you just don’t see them as much. Best thing about service was that 95% of the work was contract and you can work year round. Best of luck driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.