CUMMINS ISX 15 2250 year: 2011

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by RoadRanger^^, Jan 27, 2022.

1. RoadRanger^^

RoadRanger^^ Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Here is the story guys. I rebuild my cummins engine around 300k miles ago, 2018. Last year 2021 my turbo broke down, i replaced it and after 4 months new turbo broke down, sent it back and the guy said it’s damaged from foreign object from the engine. Paid another $1500 he replaced everything put it back 6 months later same thing boom broke down again vents damage and bent and got stuck. 2 weeks i bought new one i left on the road from columbus OH to Pittsburgh pa and the way back truck start jerking bad idling lost power, knock if i go over 1300rpm. Blsck smoke out of the exhaust. Give me egr differential pressure code but my egr and dpf are deleted and egr closed and hot side plugged. Went back to the shop boom turbo got stuck all the vents were stuck. Did cut of on the cylinder #1 of course it was missfire. Check to pressurize the #1 cylincer wont hold pressure at all and it was blowing thru the intake. Took out the head it was broken or bent valve. So my question is: did this valve was falling apart for so long and destroging all my turbos ? and why the valve will fail around 270k miles after rebuils ? what cause this valves to fail ? thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    My guess is that you are asking tech info in the wrong place. This is trucker's forum, there are few mechanical forums online where participants know more about "what cause this valves to fail".

4. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    What do you mean by saying this is trucker’s forum ?

5. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    We drive the truck, mechanics are fixing it. I've not yet seeing a driver who is fixing issues inside the engine.

6. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    There are plenty of mechanics that will chime in. You must new on here……

7. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Well to bad for you, because we are truck driver that doesn’t mean that we not capable of fixing our trucks. Do you know how many times truck drivers had helped me to fix my truck ? Do you know how many truck drivers are more then just a truck drivers ? what do you talking about dude, if you cannot answer please stop spamming with your unnecessary comment and forgot to mention everytime i fix my truck i post here so it might help to my next fellow truck driver. In this comment i also post the solution i was just asking advice from truckers who maybe had same issue and what was the cause. It was good try for u to act like a smart ###. Have a good night

8. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    You need to ask if the intake or ex., fins on turbo were bent, chucks of carbon can come loose from top of piston and get under a ex. valve and hold it open enough to bend head of valve, lf it was intake side look carefully at all rubber hoses on intake side for holes that can let trash get into turbo?

9. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    it is the intake side, they took to napa to resurface and rebuild the head, but most def like u said some fod hit that turbine those vents were so bent its crazy, i never overheat the engine cause i was reading that could be like one of the reason to bend something in the engine.

10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    If I were to ask you to tell me you were new to this forum without telling me you were new to this forum, this response would be a fantastic answer. Yeah, it's blatantly obvious you haven't been on this forum very long simply based on the quoted post.

The members of this forum come from all walks of life. Many of them are very skilled mechanics and techs and they freely give their time, offering advice about how to repair a truck.

Additionally, this thread is posted in the Volvo section of our Garage, which is precisely where our members post questions of a mechanical nature. More often than not, a workable solution is offered.

11. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    Workable answer can and may be offered for a workable question.

I don't mind and do understand everything you are saying, yet, I got a bit upset about "Took out the head it was broken or bent valve" question, because it produces more questions, than it does guesses. Which valve, intake/exhaust, how truck was driven, maintenance schedule, overheat or not, where rebuilt was done, what was warranty on the rebuilt, was the rebuilt kid aftermarket or stock from dealer.... etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.