Curious about how work is?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Been out of the industry for about 6 months now. I was wondering how much has changed if anything has changed?

With this whole corona virus going around, has work been slower for you or remained the same?

Drove up and down the 401 from Windsor to Toronto and noticed a large amount of trucks going both ways, made me wonder.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    Too early to tell if COVID will effect my usual route around the great lakes. I'm back on the road after taking a few days off. My first break since Chritmas. I'm headed to Winnipeg on the 11/17 hwy from MTL today and I usually take a load into the states from Winnipeg but I'm concerned I won't have a load going back to Ontario because Illinois just announced shelter-in-place and that's a huge hub for us. I guess food warehouses are considered essential but I wonder how many warehouse workers aren't showing up for work.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Its hard to tell.

As long the truckers are rolling, things will be peachy. Not necessarily 100% peachy but as in battle for a war that will take some time to resolve.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  5. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    I’m busier than I ever have been. Ltl has gone nuts.

6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Guys that do delivery to restaurants are slowed down.
    I haul grain, business is picking up. Local elevator said orders have skyrocketed, food processors are wanting to stock up on supply. But then again, most of last years grain is already gone.
    Our busiest time of year is spring planting, just around the corner. No matter how bad this virus gets the crop still has to get planted or there will be real problems when suppply disappears.

7. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    You need to go to ERB/KDac dude, heard they're paying .58cpm now, and lots of hourly pay, wait time after 1 hr, just flat out busy.

I'm with a bigger reefer outfit out west here, and we are just slammed! before during and after this virus, the meat and produce factories are booking trucks 2+ years out; Never seen anything like it.

Canadianhauler21 and uncleal13 Thank this.
  8. oriden953

oriden953 Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2012
    winnipeg, MB
    were busy on step deck freight. RGN freight was down prior and is still down for the most part as farmers order less new equipment and oil is in the dumps. step deck freight all day long right now, seen freight out of usual dead zones for good money.

9. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    who would work for half a cent per mile?

magoo68 and tinytim Thank this.
  10. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    oilfield, still hopping

camps are exempt from the gatherings limits lol

lotsa coughing and lotsa evil eyes

11. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.