Current GTI drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Donnerpasser, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Donnerpasser

Donnerpasser Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Woodland, Ca
    I just sent in an application to Gordon for the U.S. Fleet and was wondering what kind of miles folks are getting. Apu's? Drop yards in Nor Cal? Age/Miles on trucks. Good maint? How much no touch, and drop/hook? Any info would help. Thanks. :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I drive U.S. fleet for GTI. Not all trucks have APU but the company is aggressivley updating the fleet. The older trucks are rapidly being replaced with 2010 Cacadias. The dry van freight is virtually 100% no touch about 75% D&H. We have drop yards scattered everywhere, many shared with other companies. Although the fleet is not as new as some companies they have always provided good service for my truck. When in for PM every 18000 the shop checks and repairs/replaces what needs to be done without question. Miles are good, I'm never left sitting waiting for a load and I get home on time on my scheduled request. If you get the opportunity to come to GTI I don't think you will regret it.

GuysLady, snakeskin and Donnerpasser Thank this.
  4. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    I'm in the US fleet too and I agree. I dont sit very long and get home when I need to. My truck is an older 02 model without a Apu,but I love it cause it's got a Cummins in it...not a Detroit. Most of what I haul is D&H but I say 25% is Pwr/lumper lds.GTI is a great company and is very picky about who they hire...good thing is that I-5 is a very busy route and anyone on the west coast gets pretty good miles.Lately i have been runnin my but off with very tight delv's..Last week I left Vegas at 12pm on Wed. and had to delv to Seattle on thurs nite.Not much time to do any sight seeing...

Donnerpasser Thanks this.
  5. Donnerpasser

Aug 9, 2009
    Woodland, Ca
    I got a call from Dave the recruiter the next day after I faxed my app telling me to send a copy of my mvr and then they could get me rolling. Sent it yesterday, I'll keep you all posted.

6. Donnerpasser

Aug 9, 2009
    Woodland, Ca
    What is their idle policy?

7. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Their idle policy requires that you conform to state regulations where you are, idle only as necessary for personal comfort and safety, start and warm your engine every 4 hours at temps below 25 F. If this disturbs an adequate rest you may idle while you sleep. Idle % is one guideline used to determine qualification for trucks with apu.

8. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Good info, I saw on munster.com where they were hiring.

9. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    I try to not idle my truck as much as possible,but....when its below 25 deg outside my truck is idling and I dont get up to restart it...I'll cut my sleep time back a little and not sleep for too long..Everyone complains about it especially when its 110 outside. Basically you do what you have to do to get rested for the next day. If you have to idle,you do it.I've never heard of or been told that idling % determines who gets a truck with an apu...if thats true, why are the new GTI drivers getting some of the Cascadias and not the drivers who have been with the company longer? With 240 or so new trucks that are in, they're prepped up in our Pac yrd and can't even get drivers up there to pick them up. I figured these drvrs should be getting up there left and right to get in one. I've talked to a few drivers that are brand new to our company and are in Cascadias...My 02 runs great and I'll keep her as long as I can.BTW Dave is up in Pacific and is a nice guy..He'll take care of you....

10. wellgolf

wellgolf Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Boise
    Hey nicnat how long have you been with Gordon? Did you go with them straight out of school?

11. Donnerpasser

Aug 9, 2009
    Woodland, Ca
    I'm going to orientation in Pacific on Jan 5th. Anyone else?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.