Currently on Felony Diversion, Need Advice on Employment

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by 40AcreMule, Oct 14, 2019.

1. 40AcreMule

40AcreMule Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2019
    KY
    2 Year Lurker, first time poster.

I am graduating a 160 hour private self paid CDL course next week.

I am currently on a one year diversion deal for felony tampering with a witness. My 65 year old methhead neighbor has a grudge and has been trying to have me thrown in prison for 3 years. She has called 911 fifty times in the last 2 years (i have the recordings, crazy stuff like shooting over her house or trying to run them over... all lies). In April of this year they accused me of trying to run over a guy cutting firewood next to the road in a 90 degree turn in front of her house missing him buy mere inches. 40 minutes later they called 911. Police came out and set up cones, tape measure, the works. Pictures were taken of the supposed tire track off the edge of the road and it was said I was traveling in excess of 50mph. I was indicted by a grand jury for felony wanton endangerment.

First day in court I presented my front and rear HD dashcam footage to the prosecutor. I was at least 4-5 feet from the guy and was going 25mph; thanks to the GPS embedded in the footage. Charge was dismissed. Shew relief.....

But... In the days leading up to court my confidence of my innocence and the certainty of a faked crime scene lead me to message the officer who filed the charges on facespace. I sent him screenshots proving my innocence and promised him that I would put some honeybuns on his commissary account while he was in federal prison for making a false arrest. Dumb da dumb dumb. I know. The day that they dismissed my charge, they indicted my by a grand jury for tampering with a witness(the cop) and wanted a $100,000 bond.

I ended up pleading guilty to the tampering after they set a trial date and told the judge they were going for a 5 year sentence. Scared the bejesus out of me as was their intent. The guilty plea is a diversion agreement for one year; I'm not actually a felon as long as I complete the year of probation. In August of next year it will be dismissed and expunged like it never happened.

I met with a Schneider recruiter today at school and was informed that if I were already a felon they would hire me, but I have a pending court date with a review set for next August. They wont hire me with a date pending. I understand, why invest in training me if I could get sent off to prison.

Anyone have any advice other than don't cross the thin blue ego?

I've paid a lot on my lawyer's Tesla and need to get to work after I get my CDL next week God willing.

Thanks guys

austinmike and tscottme Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location?
    Don't ever give more information than is asked for.
    All that stuff in the big first paragraph; forget about all that.
    Next August is a year away; someone will put you to work as long as you can travel.
    Can you leave the state on runs in a truck?

G13Tomcat, 40AcreMule and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    You could ask that the diversion period be shortened so you can become employed. Also, once it is dismissed you usually have to file the expungement request yourself.

40AcreMule and tscottme Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    40AcreMule Thanks this.
  6. 40AcreMule

Oct 14, 2019
    KY
    Kentucky.

Everyone involved knows the tampering charge is nothing but the soothing of an ego of an embarrassed cop. Probation and parole office is cool with me traveling. I don't use drugs; no problem with a hair test.

Southlover, tscottme and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK, do the applications and during an interview, don't talk about anything that's not on paper.

8. 40AcreMule

Oct 14, 2019
    KY
    I negotiated it down from 3years to 1 year. The honeybun comment really pi$$ed them off. I'll have to do the Hole Year Inn.

9. 40AcreMule

Oct 14, 2019
    KY
    On courtnet it shows a pending court date for review in August of 2020. The pending part turned off Schneider today. She said that if I was already sentenced to probation or guilty of a felony that they would hire me. I might need to knock off a liquor store to get a job. Just kidding... Maybe....

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not all companies have the same policy. Many drivers are hired and they're still on parole. Put some apps in and you'll be rolling soon.

11. 40AcreMule

Oct 14, 2019
    KY
    Thanks man. That means a lot. I've been pretty down for a few hours. I have a Schneider terminal 30 miles away and had my heart set on that for my first year or two.

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.