Cussing over the OBC

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by stylicho, Apr 8, 2007.

1. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Whats the worst reprimand that could come from this? Im sure you could get fired but can they put that on your DAC? Im thinking they couldnt because they would possibly have to prove it or something.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    it'll go into your file as an 'attitude problem" or something simular. it could go into your DAC as well, as stated "that problem" making you not too easy to be hired elsewhere........and they can very easily print up all of the conversations on the screen.............

4. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

It would be pretty easy to prove since the system records all messages sent, and it scripts mesaages from dispatch to the truck in capital letters, and messages from the truck to dispatch in lowercase letters. When you send a message on the system, you are sending it out for posterity.

5. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You will probably get a warning and if it happens again termination. I would refrain from cussing out the Dispatcher or making statements you would not want a judge/officer to read. Just MHO

6. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Im in deep doo doo then. I said "you suck" on it :D.

7. MNHillyBilly

MNHillyBilly Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    you should have went with, you "masticate" and thrown them for a loop....

8. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If you meant it in a derogitory (sp?) way then yes I am sure you will hear a little about not typing such things over the qualcom and you should never talk to your "boss" that way. This is just general work ethic. I know your dispatcher seems to annoy you sometimes, but you must remember they are your boss and you should never speak to them in such a way unless you are looking to get fired and get a bad mark on your DAC.

If they urk you then by all means bite your tongue and think about it for @ least 1 week and then decide if you was having a bad day or if you need to find another job. This is my general practice only I wait 1 month before making a decission, usually I find I was having a bad day or it wasn't that big of a deal.

Have a great safe night & day tomorrow:biggrin_25522:

9. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    had to look this one up..........it means..1.chew 2. crush or knead into pulp........

10. MNHillyBilly

MNHillyBilly Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Also used to describe what a sommelier does when he is checking out a wine, ever watch someone do that.....lol, oh the noises

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Kind of like "macaca"?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.