CVSA sweep 2014 - June 3rd to June 5th

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by andre, May 10, 2014.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That yearly road check is stupid and we all know its more about revenue then making our roads safe.

ZJXander Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    I have never been stopped during these yearly roadchecks. I do my best to take those days or I will go around every scale I can and hope the DOT doesn't have any roadside checkpoints setup.
    Just another money grab that does nothing good for anybody.

ZJXander Thanks this.
  4. ZJXander

ZJXander Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jerome,ID
    They should change this blitz thing up a little bit.....

I propose making all DOT officers pack their bags and team up with an experienced driver for one week minimum.

Officers pay would be suspended for the time on the truck and instead will directly correlate with how many miles they run and how cheaply they eat.

Officers will be responsible for their own food, hygiene costs, and any violation tickets they receive.

Just a few of the valuable things that Officers would learn firsthand include:

*Downtime at shippers, receivers, and scales, destroying their earning potential for the day.
    *Having your working day micro managed and logged by a large invisible hours of service clock.
    *Needing a bathroom with none to be found.
    *Heavy traffic situations and the stupid things people do in them.
    *Run a (little bit) illegally on a Friday to get reloaded so you don't have to sit till Monday.
    *Creative parking when the rest stops and truck stops are full.
    *Working overtime and not being paid overtime.
    *The joys of volunteering time and labor with a broom and/or shovel or by sitting in traffic jams.

This training should be coordinated with a dispatcher to ensure that at the end of the one or two week ride, the driver/officer runs out of hours 50-100 miles from home.

Might change some attitudes?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Might even give them ideas for new log violations.

Meltom Thanks this.
  6. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I think they need to concentrate on cars, little cars, big cars, shiny cars, pain in the neck cars. Then the roads maybe safer.

7. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    It'd sure be nice if they would blitz automobiles for the same things they tag us for (obviously excepting weight). I have to think that would generate nearly the same revenue as targeting trucks...

8. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Sit one cop with a view of the end of every entrance ramp and ticket every car that doesn't yield, and double the ticket for every car that gives a truck the finger for not moving over when there is a car aside of them, the deficit would be paid off in three days.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    While he's at it, the cop could cite every semi tailgaiting a 4-wheeler for wreckless driving as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.