D.O.T physical *warning*

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by ptrbuilt89, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ptrbuilt89

ptrbuilt89 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2020
    Went in last week to renew my medical card everything was fine until the dr left and came back and said I didn’t tell him about 1 medication I am taking. I about fell out of my chair with embarrassment. It is an anti depressants, not a disqualifying one but he was nice enough to allow me to amend form and would only give me a card if I had my dr write a note that I’m safe driving on it. Just a heads up don’t forget to put all medicine on the form! They can somehow check all your scripts and when they were filled and dose. This could have ended much worse my career flashed me fore my eyes for a second.

NavigatorWife and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    All of your prescriptions are in a data base, another driver I know got caught in a little lie, It wasn't a disqualification issue, just the difference between 1 & a 2 year card.They don't trust truck drivers .

NavigatorWife and ptrbuilt89 Thank this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
  5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Since when? I have NEVER told the dot physical dr about my scripts. Of course when I used to used my family doc he already new. But he doesnt do dot's anymore

6. ptrbuilt89

Jan 21, 2020
    I’m not sure my last 5 cards not a peep, maybe they have better access now. He came back and told me the exact day I last filled the script and it was only few days before, so it must be instant or close to it.

7. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    You don't need to, I don't know who puts it in the computer data base, he said he told the doc he wasn't taking any medication, the doc told him when the prescription was filled and what it was.

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
  9. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    That is the reason my question was "SINCE WHEN"? I only stated the rest to say that's never happened to me.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  10. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    Where did you have the physical? Dr office, hospital, consents, etc?
    Where did you fill prescriptions CVS, Walgreens, local pharmacy etc?
    Did you use insurance for either or both the dot physical or the scrips?
    Are your scrips considered controlled substances or class c?

The reason I'm asking is I've talked to 5 other drivers today, since I saw the first post. None have had that happen nor heard of it happening before. We are all in our 50-60's so are either taking meds or.probably will sooner or later.

TexasKGB Thanks this.
  11. ptrbuilt89

Jan 21, 2020
    Got it at a walk in clinic, paid cash, no insurance card shown. They only had my name, address and license #. Kinda freaked me out that the info was readily available to a place I’ve never been before. I fill scripts at walgreens, not sure if the store can send private info out though, must be a database from doctors because of people abusing pills.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.