d12 oil in coolant

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by fnaaap12, May 24, 2017.

1. fnaaap12

fnaaap12 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2017
    have a 2001 volvo d12c

I'm getting sludge in resivor
    for coolant. Ended up changing oil cooler. Same problem again. Flushed system 3 days later sludge in resivor.

dip stick oil is normal . I noticed truck looses bit of coolant . Truck runs perfectly fine. Truck temperature operates at normal .
    no over heating at all

Any suggestions what could cause this . Looks like it wasn't engine oil cooler.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Send off a oil sample kit that you can buy at truck stop or truck parts store, Flush out rad. with a mix of dawn dish soap, be carefull of degreaser from auto parts store they can hurt the rad hoses, do this a few times till water is clear of soap on final, put in anti, freez, plus add the additive you bought at parts store and ck. with a test strip till you have correct amount so your liners will last, then keep ck. till next oil change for oil in rad, hope/fully you do not have a pinhole in a piston/liner.

4. Rasim

Rasim Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Have same issue but did not change oil cooler. On my reservation r there is blaci specs seimming on top water and also on the bottom floor of the reservoiir looks like dirty black in color. My coolant was green i changed it flushed it good and added red coolant...drove to texas and back and coolant looks dark purple...where it conects to the hose it is red the specs inside make it appear dark. Also when coolant goes up and down it leaves traces of that black stuff on the reservoir walls. I also unscrewed the bottom hose under rad after flush and put my fingers inside and my fingers were black as charcoal. Engine looks as if recently rebuilt...bought the truck a month ago...could it he dirty system from previous owner? Truck runs amazing oil pressure between 30-60 temp always 170 pulling like a beast on stereoids engine is 12.7 500hp detroit 1999 model has lots of blow by oil level stable what yall think ?

5. Rasim

Rasim Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Fnaaap12 forgot to ask did you figure out what your problem was???

6. Rasim

Rasim Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Here are pictures

Attached Files:

Volvjessy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.