DAC question

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Zohan22, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Zohan22

Zohan22 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2017
    I’m starting s new job with Sysco in the near future. I know it’s hard work and all, but I just had my first minor non DOT preventable accident. My truck failed to accelerate up an incline and started rolling back and the truck behind me was so close that by the time I hit the brakes my trailer had tapped his grill and cracked it. There were no injuries and now towing involved and no citations or police report. I have a clean MVR and everything else but now I’ll have this incident on my DAC. Will I be ok??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Depending on the cost of damage.

I cracked a hood once, it's 10K dollars to replace. I was fired the following day. But being hired was relatively easy in my time.

Google DAC and you will find a set of general catagories of reported things and overall how long it will be hireable for you. They have seriously softened up the DAC over the recent years to open up more people for the industry, some offenses written into DAC in the past would ban people for life long ago.

An accident is one thing, incidents are another. Just don't be doing that. It is the single greatest threat to your first year or anyone's first year trying to be a trucker. Preventables get them dismissed or fired and that is that pernamently if serious enough.

Im not worried about your cracked grill. But I am more worried about your assertiveness in making sure that thing does NOT roll backwards. I don't care how steep it is you do NOT roll backwards.

DTP and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Nope. You’re toast. Any incident on DAC is an automatic suspension of CDL for 10 years.

5. moose2517

moose2517 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Piedmont, AL
    Unfortunately, I agree with x1heavy. Weather you are running a stick or auto shift, that truck should not roll backwards at all. However, I don't agree with HotH20. An incident is usually kept in house at your carrier, especially since there were no police reports or citations. I may be wrong though

6. Zohan22

Zohan22 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2017
    I agree that it shouldn’t happen ever, it’s an auto shift but that doesn’t justify it. My company said it won’t go on my mvr but will show up on my dac. It’s the only thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m just trying to get some input on how Sysco may react to it being it’s the only thing on my record. Just want some support is all

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    expound on "My truck failed to accelerate up an incline"

Do you let off the throttle?

8. Zohan22

Zohan22 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2017
    I put my foot on the throttle and there was no reaction, the truck started rolling and before I could hit the brakes it bumped into the truck behind me

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    And did you let safety and the shop know? Could be a mechanical issue

10. Zohan22

Zohan22 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Yes everyone knows, I’m just on here asking if 1 minor preventable accident on a dac is going to ruin my chances. It’s a non dot and no injuries or towing or citations were given.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If it was a mechanical issue then it should not be counted against your dac...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.