DAC question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewbieRecentGrad, Aug 17, 2007.

1. NewbieRecentGrad

NewbieRecentGrad Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Metro Detroit, MI
    I'm a recent trucking school graduate that is having trouble getting hired. I've requested a copy of my DAC. I have never drove a truck in my previous employment history. I drove an Ecoline van for one of my jobs. So... exactly what will be on my DAC report?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    It may no be DAC at all, it may be your work history, or your driving or past criminal record if you have one. Could be a medical history also, if you have previous workmans comp claims that would really knock you off of several companies lists. All of this should have been known to you before ever attending a trucking school. I always always always suggest people get one or preferably SEVERAL pre-hires from companies to insure that you are employable. There really is no way that a person can find this out unless they apply with those who HIRE drivers. Trucking schools are not in the business of hiring drivers and most could really care less about the new driver's future.

Best of Luck!

4. Kajakfaucon

Kajakfaucon Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Texarakana, Texas
    Honestly this might be incredibly stupid, but my boss and I have been doing some research on the trucking industry. We came across information about DAC reports and what they're for. However, something that has eluded us, and quite possibly because it doesn't exist, is what exactly DAC stands for.

Basically is DAC an acronym, a shortened word, or just industry lingo that has become automatically recognized?

5. kickingdeer

kickingdeer Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Joshua Tree, CA

6. woodstock36

woodstock36 Medium Load Member

May 17, 2008
    NY
    Ive got a good name for it DUMB ### CRAP!!!!! HE HE:biggrin_25517:

American only truck crazy girl cause nothing else will do!!!!!:yes2557:

7. witchwaywest

witchwaywest Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Monroe New York
    I always wanted to know what DAC stood for.I have checked mine once through USIS.I've seen court cases where lawyers didn't know what it stood for.Always just DAC.Here's the answer.Go to USIS,search industry,search industry solutions,search transportation market.DAC means Drive-A-Check services.That's the real acronym but I did see one that stated"Dazed and confused".The dazed and confused one proably only counts when you try to get a straight answer from them.

8. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    I know what the D and C stands for if my memory serves me right...

I am pretty sure it was DAC, Driver Accreditation center or Driver awareness center.. Something along those lines.. been about 5 years since I heard it..

9. witchwaywest

witchwaywest Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Monroe New York
    Truckerjo, It really is Drive-A-Check.Where USIS came up with that name,I don't know.It's been around since 1981.

Truckerjo and ahutchi1 Thank this.
  10. CulliganMan

CulliganMan Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2008
    North Jersey
    Never mind, I see you already know.

Drive-A-Check (DAC) Services

11. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    DAC is much more indepth now. They have access to things that were once considered "private" by many. There are actually 4 segments to your report.

Once you sign the release forms for employment. That information, including any additional information tickets, criminal records, arrest, fines, etc...now have the special ability to appear on your DAC.

Some information appears without input from any company or yourself.

Uncle Sam has found it's gold mine, with human data retrieval. And we're the guinea pigs.

Truckers are a wild card in the equation, when it comes to "control". The more data, the easier it is to keep tabs on their step children.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.