DAC: quit under dispatch

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, May 10, 2021.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    So I decided to order my report and there is “quit under dispatch”. I worked for this company for two years and after 19 of 20 times sending me on Hometime more than a week late and sitting for days out of each week without pay I cleaned out my truck and left when I went back to the yard the last time.
    It was 1 AM in the morning and I had a load that was technically scheduled to be picked up at 9 AM. Only problem is those loads were running 16 to 24 hours late. I don’t feel it was “under dispatch”. As I would’ve ended up sitting there in the yard for at least an entire day.
    On the report they noted me as “satisfactory“ for my work performance and said they would have to take in the consideration whether I could be rehired or not.

this company did me dirty and so many ways it just irks the hell out of me that they can mark me up like that and I can do nothing to them.
    I’m going to submit reviews all over the web and I have thousands of pictures of QUALCOMM messages the back up everything that I’ll say. Yes I document stuff and keep track of everything. As should all of you!!!

anyhow I’ve moved onto a new company that I’m happy with. So it really didn’t impact me very much, it’s just the principle of the matter.
    Quit under dispatch for a load that was running a whole day behind. LOL

So my question is to those of you that I’ve been through this, should I go ahead and dispute the DAC report? Or is it a waste of time?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cool off a little before taking any action.
    Even though you did quit under dispatch, your DAC looks pretty good.

4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    DAC is garbage and so are the companies that use it. Don’t know if it’s worth fighting. Since it didn’t impact you I’d just leave it be.

5. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    You posted 5 paragraphs with amazing detail. But you left out one VERY IMPORTANT piece of information.
    WHAT COMPANY DID THIS TO YOU!!??
    We really really need to know:Do_O:rolleyes:

6. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
  7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    While knowing the name of the company would probably benefit persons looking at the company for employment, naming it could get the OP in trouble. Wouldn't be the first time some company sued for posted negative comments on a public forum. If they are petty enough to put negative info on DAC, they are petty enough to sue.

snapplepress and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    I’m a zero afraid of a company suing me. It would just be more negativity on their behalf. Also what part of every single QUALCOMM message to and from dispatch and anyone else within this company I kept and save for the full two years did you miss?. An old truck driver advised me to do that. Trust me, I could be the One suing them for all their lies and BS and labor laws they violated.

for example, Every single home time request, Is there a document it. So if I say 19 out of 20 time they didn’t get me home in time for my home time request and then I can back it up and prove it, they are the ones getting sued not me. LOL

Trucker61016 and slow.rider Thank this.
  9. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    You can’t sue them for not getting you home on time. You quit in the middle of the night 8 hours before you were scheduled to pick up a load. Sounds like “quit under dispatch” to me.

mud23609, alds, NavigatorWife and 6 others Thank this.
  10. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    Trust me man, there’s a plethora of **** I could sue them for. This is why so many drivers out there and get stepped on and used and beating on like a red headed step child. Because you don’t stand up for yourself.

11. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You were dispatched and quit, so technically you quit under dispatch. But really any company that’s worth working for won’t use DAC so you’ll be fine going forward anyway.

12. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    I don’t know where you guys are getting this from that no company uses DAC. Order the entire history for your report and all companies that have used it and I guarantee you it will be every company that you interacted with. When I initially applied for like six company they all ordered my DAC report. And every company I’ve interacted with since or had anything to do with. They all use it, they all report to it and they all look at it.
    I kicked ### Big time working for this company and the thanks I get because I got fed up with their crap just to be stuck in the back. Why is it that you think they should be able to get away with doing that to an individual truck driver and not be called out for their BS?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.